Best hosting for NopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
If you are looking for a reliable hosting company that is easy to use and has amazingly fast technical support use Softsys Hosting.  

I have been using Softsys Hosting since around April of this year.  One of the main reasons that I recommend them is because their support.  They are fast and helpful.  Regardless of the question or problem you face they are always there for you.

For example, here is a list of how quick they got back to me the last 10 times that I have contacted them.

These reply times span a little over three support tickets.

Softsys Hosting Technical support reply time:  

1) 15 min.
2) 11 min.
3) 6 min.
4) 8 min.
5) 11 min.
6) 12 min.
7) 8 min.
8) 6 min.
9) 19 min.
10) 9 min.

Avg. = 10.5 min.

That is faster than I reply to my emails. :-)

Not only do they get back to you fast, I have found that when possible they fix the problems themselves instead of just telling you what you need to do.

For example when I was having problems because my database log file was getting too large, after I asked for help, they went right in there and fixed the problem in 15 minutes at no additional cost.

I am on their silver plan that they have now discontinued; the new name for a comparable plan is their Windows Personal Shared.

On a 1 to 10 level I think Softsys Hosting gets a 10.

Here is there link if you want to check them out:

http://www.softsyshosting.com/windows.aspx

Hope this helps!
11 years ago
The average response time of my host in the US is only 5 minutes. And, same story as yours, if they can fix it themselves they will fix it.  They can be found at http://best-inexpensive-web-hosting.com/cheap-web-hosting this page.
11 years ago
[quote=carper]The average response time of my host in the US is only 5 minutes. And, same story as yours, if they can fix it themselves they will fix it.  They can be found at http://best-inexpensive-web-hosting.com/cheap-web-hosting this page.
What Nop sites are you hosting with them?
11 years ago
For Arvixe to reply to this ticket is simply too late for crying. they should have provided good support from the start... not fix the problem that they neglected to start with. ..................Putting it bluntly.

So, who is the good hosting provider for NOP eCommerce sites?

Tom
11 years ago
bawelt wrote:
Thanks, but we are already spending enough time on tickets, chat and phone with arvixe.  Nothing was wrong with our "scripts" (NopCommerce)... Arvixe just took us down for a couple of days, blamed our code and then told us to "make sure it [what?] doesn't happen again."

We are sorry to have inconvenienced Arvixe with our website.

LOL... That is funny. I had mucha problems with them as well. I am lucky, I was only trying to test them out while considering a change. I did get a full refund, because I ran out of patience very quickly.

I am now considering Softsys. I read many good reviews about them.
11 years ago
I use Applied Innovations.  They have great support.  I have a 1.9 site hosted by them - their VPS.  Been hosted since Sept 2011.  I'm installing a 2.65 site this week - I'll let you know how it goes. The sites response is quite fast.  See getchia.com.  I also use pingdom.com to check on my site.  Hope this information helps.
11 years ago
bytye2001 wrote:
I use Applied Innovations.  They have great support.  I have a 1.9 site hosted by them - their VPS.  Been hosted since Sept 2011.  I'm installing a 2.65 site this week - I'll let you know how it goes. The sites response is quite fast.  See getchia.com.  I also use pingdom.com to check on my site.  Hope this information helps.

It seems to run smooth indeed. Please do post your results on the 2.65 version. Thanks!
11 years ago
Hi
Thanks every one for your advise, my personal investigate highlighted http://www.webwiz.co.uk/
to be the best hosting solution,

Why?
There support turn around is very good
There advise to you is very honest
They will do their up most to solve any problems
Cost A1

All other Host sites, were excluded due to either cost, or a number of negative feed back from the forum, and the Web

Kind regards
Peter
11 years ago
Here is a little update on the subject:

I reviewed most if not all of the providers mentioned in this thread and I found that:

In terms of features, Arvixe seems to provide the most bang for the buck. All others provide less features for the same price.

In terms of performance (at least on shared hosting) others seem to perform better than Arvixe, at least when it comes to NopCommerce. However, I can see this being attributed to the number of customers sharing the server. In my Arvixe shared hosting account I stopped counting the databases after 20. In my AccuWebHosting account, I didn't even reach double digits.

My NopCommerce site performed better in other hosts, but NOT significantly better. At least in other hosts it's usable but still somewhat slow, which I believe shows NopCommerce to be the main cause of the issue. I have not had a chance to benchmark or debug NopCommerce to see where the biggest bottlenecks are but then again that is why I use NopCommerce in the first place, because I don't have time to do it myself... :-)

In the end, I went with AccuWebHosting. I signed up to test the site and it works decently on shared hosting. They do have ridiculously low DB size limits but I can always upgrade if traffic grows. We are launching the site next week (after multiple apologies to my customer and a big discount on labor, thank you Arvixe). I will come back to let you know how it performs in Production.
11 years ago
We use Rackspace for hosting.

Webserver 16GB ram, 2 x 4 core processor + dedicated SQL server 8GB,  2 x 4 core processor

Rackspace support is excellent.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.