Can't add customer after deleting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
A customer or ours had 2 different accounts, 2 different emails.

Customer called in and wanted to consolidate into 1.

My customer service rep deleted both accounts and told the customer to re-register.

Now the customer is getting an "email is in use" error message.

How or where should I look to make sure the emails are deleted in the system?  

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark
11 years ago
in nopcommerce deleting a customer will not delete the record in the database table. it'll market deleted column value from 0 to 1. thats why its showing the email exists. you need to login to sqlserver directly and in customer's table make deleted=0 for the required record.

http://www.elaamart.com
11 years ago
Just a small thought, why was it up to your staff to do the job of consolidating two accounts into one when the customer could have done it themself?  Not meaning to be nit-picky but that is kind of a user's responsibility to have their info in one account, not the support staff.  It maybe just the side of me that has fought with users for years and says quit being lazy, lol.
10 years ago
Is there (or could there be) an ability for us to somehow "associate" newly registered users with an order(s) they placed as a guest?

My concern is that I'm stuck losing sales if I require them to register before ordering. I can tell them all day in notes, terms of service agreement or any method that they won't be able to view past orders if they register after ordering, but even "if" they listen, that makes for poor customer service.

That said, it would be valuable to store owners and our customers if we could manually associate "guest" orders to active subscriber accounts at the administrative level.

*Ability to un-delete a registered customer would also be of HUGE help here. As I tried deleting a registered customer in an ill-fated effort to assign their email address to the guest account that was attached to their order - basically changing it to a registered account, except the response was "e-mail address is already in use" even after deleting their registered account.

Thanks for considering this, if it isn't already implemented or on the roadmap! :)

- Matt
10 years ago
mattbrummett wrote:
...As I tried deleting a registered customer in an ill-fated effort to assign their email address to the guest account that was attached to their order - basically changing it to a registered account, except the response was "e-mail address is already in use" even after deleting their registered account.

All Settings - customersettings.suffixdeletedcustomers

(update - I've created an FAQ about this
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.