arrggghhh, Purchasing the Manual with MasterCard, ??? Can't be done!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Multiple attempts to purchase the User Manual with a MasterCard, they keep asking for a 3D code.  Our issuing bank has never heard of a "3D code", calls to MasterCard (ever try to call "MasterCard?") THEY have never heard of a "3D" code, so totally frustrating trying to get a stupid manual!  One can only assume the purchase of any other nop product such as the Copyright Removal will be equally frustrating. Does anyone know if they just don't take MC or this is a "European" feature they can't tell US from Europe?  Or do we have to get a PayPal account to get this?  Now questioning the whole product if you can't even get the manual.....
11 years ago
CrystalVision wrote:
Multiple attempts to purchase the User Manual with a MasterCard, they keep asking for a 3D code.  Our issuing bank has never heard of a "3D code", calls to MasterCard (ever try to call "MasterCard?") THEY have never heard of a "3D" code, so totally frustrating trying to get a stupid manual!  One can only assume the purchase of any other nop product such as the Copyright Removal will be equally frustrating. Does anyone know if they just don't take MC or this is a "European" feature they can't tell US from Europe?  Or do we have to get a PayPal account to get this?  Now questioning the whole product if you can't even get the manual.....

You should blame YOUR issuing bank since 3D has been in force for several years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-D_Secure
http://www.mastercard.us/securecode-sign-up.html
11 years ago
think maybe 2checkout have dropped support for mastercard - i tried using mc to pay for my hosting (through 2co ) and it left me floundering.

is this the same issue ?
11 years ago
No. It's another issue not related to the original question. But as long as I know 2CO really experiences issues with Mastercard for the last several weeks. But we do not use 2Checkout for the last several months (we use Avangate now)
11 years ago
We didn't even try the M/C again but did a Visa this morning from our small local independent bank and it went through fine without a hitch.  Very odd, a major issuing bank gets rejected but our local 2 office branch private bank was fine.

Either way the manuals are purchased (waiting on delivery of a pdf link?) and we're off the the digital castle.

Thanks for all the comments and directions with this.
11 years ago
i contacted 2co about my issue - they said it was because mastercard didn't support payments to the region where the vendor (my hosting company) is based.

i'm fairly sure mastercard is the most common credit card in use in the uk - i have a couple of cards from different banks and they are all mastercard :-(
9 years ago
This is an old thread, but wanted to tie up old loose ends - 2Checkout supports Mastercard.
9 years ago
janeesah wrote:
This is an old thread, but wanted to tie up old loose ends - 2Checkout supports Mastercard.

You should start a new thread/topic
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.