Installation problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hello to all,

I have the following Problem. I download the Nopcommerce V1.40 without Source. Load it in Visual Studio 2008, build the website and puplished it. Now beginns the Webconfiguration, I take new installation, settings vor SQL, on the third Picture Create a new database, everything works fine.

now i should copy this

The installer couldn't update the ConnectionStrings.config file on your server. This may be caused by limited file system permissions. Please open your ConnectionStrings.config file manually in Notepad and add the following line inside the <connectionStrings></connectionStrings>:

<add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=AKRENNNB01;Initial Catalog=TEST1;Integrated Security=True;Persist Security Info=False;Connect Timeout=120"/>

I do it as told and after I save that I go back and click next and I get the following:

The connection string you added doesn't match. Make sure, the connection string is correct.

Pleas help me.

I can see in the SQL server Management that nothing is configured!

Pleas Help!!!

Thanks all!

Best regards
akrenn
14 years ago
can you clarify - have you uploaded the the website to a hosting provider or still running it only on localhost on your local machine?
14 years ago
Hi, Thanks for the fast answer, I run it on my Computer on Windows 7 with IIS7 installed, sql server 2008, Visual Studio 2008 Professional.

best regards
akrenn
14 years ago
i think the problem is your data source - you have SQLEXPRESS installed and your database is on your local machine?

i am assuming AKRENNNB01 is the name of your computer:

<add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=AKRENNNB01;Initial Catalog=TEST1;Integrated Security=True;Persist Security Info=False;Connect Timeout=120"/>

should read

<connectionStrings >
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=AKRENNNB01\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=TEST1;Integrated Security=True;Persist Security Info=False;Connect Timeout=120"/>
  </connectionStrings >
14 years ago
Thanks a lot it works, the Konfiguration is finished, i have anything in Visual Stude in the Server Explorer i have the connection to all databases, the shop started.

But my Problem now is, I have only dashboard in the admin area, nothing else, what could happened!

thanks a lot for your support, im a beginner!

best regards
akrenn
14 years ago
when you upload your application to a hosting provider, you will need to change the connection string so that nopcommerce connects to the online database you will create
ie

<!-- local machine connection string  (to SQL server on your machine)-->
  <connectionStrings >
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=AKRENNNB01\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=DATABASENAME;Integrated Security=True;Persist Security Info=False;Connect Timeout=120"/>
  </connectionStrings >

will become something like..

<!-- hosted connection string   to SQL server on your hosting account-->
  <connectionStrings >
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=YOURDATABASESERVER.COM;Initial Catalog=YOURDATABASENAME;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=YOURDATABASEUSERNAME;Password=YOURDATABASEPASSWORD;Connect Timeout=120"/>
  </connectionStrings >

not sure about your problem with the dashboard though, mine is fine - i think others are having the same problem - i suggest you keep watching the forums
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.