nopCommerce 3.00 roadmap. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi folks,

I've prepared a draft of the roadmap for the next version of nopCommerce (3.00). Here are some of the most interesting work items:

- Multi-store support.
- Dropshipping and multiple warehouse support. Multi-vendor support.
- HTML/CSS refactoring
- Add support for multiple instances in Windows Azure (web farm support).
- Bundled products (UPDATE: delayed).
- Further performance optimization.
- And a lot of other minor enhancements.

You can find all existing work items for this version here (not sure that items with "Proposed" status will be done).

You can ask why it'll be 3.00 and not 2.90. As you can see this release will contain really a lot of very demanded features. Some of them are quite complex and will require a lot of source code changes. It'll be a really significant release!

Estimate release time - May 2013.

Your thoughts?

UPDATE (April 8th): Please see the following forum topic. nopCommerce 3.00 is coming. BETA testers needed.
11 years ago
Hi,

Cant wait for that release to come out, a couple of things that i would like to see in that version:

1- topic/listboxes that can be placed on different category pages displaying content relevent to that category (adverts/bundles/deals etc).
2- images that can be included next to the manufactors text in the manufactors listbox on the main page.
11 years ago
Roadmap very interesting, I'm sure will please many developers and will require a great job

Andrei good job!
11 years ago
Inclusion in the "Azure Portal" list of "Add-Ons" should be an aim in my opinion. Being able to directly install to Azure would increase the community massively.
11 years ago
wunpac wrote:
Inclusion in the "Azure Portal" list of "Add-Ons" should be an aim in my opinion

Azure team is already working on it. They experience one issue with it but should be done very soon
11 years ago
Great News!

I think that the most neccesary and demanded features for nopcommerce are:

- Dropshipping and multiple warehouse support. Multi-vendor support.
- Multi-store support.

These two points maybe can transfor nopcommerce in a incredible ecommerce solution.

- Rental products support, maybe can be a interesting feature.
11 years ago
Hi Andrei,

Quite a heavy road map but still not a doubt that you and the team will manage it just fine!

The multi store, multi vendor and Azure features are quite important as they will bring nopCommerce so much closer to enterprise users and once on this market, we believe that the project popularity and the community will explode (in the positive sense of the word).

Just a suggestion, shouldn't the HTML refactoring of the code be included as one of the items, even one of the highlighted ones? As a work load it is in no way compared to these three big features but from a marketing perspective, users will be quite happy to learn about it.
11 years ago
Great job !
i am waiting for drop-shipping improvements.

But because version 3.00 is months away,
maybe version 2.90 should include small things to fix, like -

1. picture names for SEO
2. rich snippets
3. facebook metatags
4. performance
5. scrolling news

i think every point here is a small one, so they can be included soon in version 2.90.

Shay
11 years ago
7Spikes wrote:
Just a suggestion, shouldn't the HTML refactoring of the code be included as one of the items...

Hi Milen,

It's already included in the roadmap (3.00). It's just split into several minor sub-tasks.
11 years ago
Andrei,

The roadmap for nopcommerce 3.00 version looks GREAT - Another step to make nopcommerce a solid open source solution.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.