FIXED Breadcrumb and Left Navigation for product in multiple categories

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
hi cnsjohn

ive changed and saved the file to the following,
<!--@section Breadcrumb
{
    @Html.Partial("_ProductBreadcrumb", Model.Breadcrumb)
}-->

cleared the cache on the site bit no joy!

page loads fine but without any changes...

Im guessing ive missed something?
7 years ago
Hi,

Remove the "@" symbols from in front of the code lines.

JohnJ
7 years ago
worked perfect. Thanks John.
A nice quick and easy workaround for anyone who has this issue.
6 years ago
Does anyone have a solution for version 3.90?

Thanks, Tis
6 years ago
Has anyone responded fora solution for 3.9?  This seems like a significant issue for many nop users, can this fix be  added in future versions?
5 years ago
We have the same problem with version 4.1

Has anyone found a solution or code proposal?

Maybe we miss a´ setting but I can´t find it.

In the setting search "bread"

we have:
catalogsettings.categorybreadcrumbenabled  True
catalogsettings.exportimportproductcategorybreadcrumb  True
commonsettings.breadcrumbdelimiter  /

Jens
4 years ago
Thank you for your solution. it worked for me v3.9
3 years ago
Anyone have this working in 4.2?

I have PrepareProductBreadcrumbModel() from ProductModelFactory.cs overriden to take advantage of _webHelper.GetUrlReferrer(), however I hit a roadblock in that not every browser includes the URL slug path in their request header.  

See screenshots below for difference between Firefox (dark) versus Edge (light).

I know there are various security settings in Firefox to control how the referrer URL is sent, however I cannot get Firefox on 3 different computers to send the category, or any URL slug for that matter.  It's always just the domain without any path.  

What is more odd, is that Firefox does send the category path in my live site on the same server, which is an ancient classic ASP site in desperate need of upgrade to NopCommerce.  However, I checked the demo store on NopCommerce.com and I cannot get the URL slug sent in the header there either.  Could it be the subdomain?  Can anyone confirm their site does send the URL slug in Firefox?  

I thought about trying to capture the category URL in a view with ViewBag or Session, but that would be considerably more involved to pass it all the way down to the factory method.  I don't have any other ideas for how to get this to work.

Firefox for my staging site:

Edge:

and NopCommerce.com for reference:
3 years ago
fixed by editing Referrer-Policy in web(dot)config from "strict-origin" (which will never send the path or query string) to "strict-origin-when-cross-origin"

ref:  https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Referrer-Policy
3 years ago
af1racing wrote:
Anyone have this working in 4.2?

I have PrepareProductBreadcrumbModel() from ProductModelFactory.cs overriden to take advantage of _webHelper.GetUrlReferrer(), however I hit a roadblock in that not every browser includes the URL slug path in their request header.  

See screenshots below for difference between Firefox (dark) versus Edge (light).

I know there are various security settings in Firefox to control how the referrer URL is sent, however I cannot get Firefox on 3 different computers to send the category, or any URL slug for that matter.  It's always just the domain without any path.  

What is more odd, is that Firefox does send the category path in my live site on the same server, which is an ancient classic ASP site in desperate need of upgrade to NopCommerce.  However, I checked the demo store on NopCommerce.com and I cannot get the URL slug sent in the header there either.  Could it be the subdomain?  Can anyone confirm their site does send the URL slug in Firefox?  

I thought about trying to capture the category URL in a view with ViewBag or Session, but that would be considerably more involved to pass it all the way down to the factory method.  I don't have any other ideas for how to get this to work.

Firefox for my staging site:

Edge:

and NopCommerce.com for reference:

Would you be able to share code as to what you updated? I'm working through this same issue on version 4.2.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.