Multi-store roadmap. Let's discuss (UPDATE: done)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
rmcsharry wrote:

From all the research and testing I have done I do believe IIS 8.0 on Win2012 is the only way but I use Remote Desktop to manage my servers (dedicated) so I am not familiar with Plesk, sorry!

I agree that the multi-store release notes should point out this limitation: multi-store setups with multiple different top level domains requires SNI on II8.0/Win2012. I have sent a PM to Andrei to see if he agrees, referencing this thread

Hi Richard,

I don't have good administration skills. But looks to be so.
10 years ago
Thanks for your reply Richard.

a.m. wrote:

From all the research and testing I have done I do believe IIS 8.0 on Win2012 is the only way but I use Remote Desktop to manage my servers (dedicated) so I am not familiar with Plesk, sorry!

I agree that the multi-store release notes should point out this limitation: multi-store setups with multiple different top level domains requires SNI on II8.0/Win2012. I have sent a PM to Andrei to see if he agrees, referencing this thread
Hi Richard,

I don't have good administration skills. But looks to be so.

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for your reply. I don't have good server administration skills as well. So i took time to read from this forum and google on how to setup and configure. So i was not fully aware of this limitation.

Nop Commerce multi-store feature is matured about a year since its introduction. I wonder how come any other guys/companies haven't come across with this limitation/restriction on SSL.

Is there any show case websites you are aware of with multi-store enabled?
10 years ago
jeyara wrote:
I wonder how come any other guys/companies haven't come across with this limitation/restriction on SSL.

Maybe, they already used Windows 2012

jeyara wrote:
Is there any show case websites you are aware of with multi-store enabled?

Maybe. But  store owners do not report back to nopCommerce about their sites and how they configured them (multi-store or not)
10 years ago
How to setup forward, not redirect from IIS 7. I like to setup two stores sharing one backend database.
Thakns
10 years ago
This is not working. I have added the lines in hosts file as u suggested but is not working. Please guide me to setup the iis settings.
Thanks in advance.
10 years ago
1. Add the following line to hosts file:
127.0.0.1       testhost1
127.0.0.1       testhost2

2. Run the site from Visual Studio and configure two stores in nopCommerce admin area. Set the HOST values of the first store to "testhost1:15536" and set it to "testhost2:15536" for the second store. Just replace port number with your one

3. Now open the following URLs in your browser: http://testhost1:15536/ and  http://testhost2:15536/

This is not working. I have added the lines in hosts file as u suggested but is not working. I m not able to open these http://testhost1:15536/ and  http://testhost2:15536/ urls. Please guide me to setup the iis settings. I m using nopcommerce version 3.2 and using windows 7 and running on visual studio 2013.
Thanks in advance.
10 years ago
you have to point testhot1 and testhost2 to 127.0.0.1 without the port numbers in your host file. include the port number only in your nop store host setting.
10 years ago
sorry for double post . please delete...
you have to point testhot1 and testhost2 to 127.0.0.1 in your host file.
10 years ago
Thanks for responding me so soon.

Sorry sir but can you please explain in detail how to point without port number and where is nop store host setting.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.
9 years ago
We have multistore installed and the issue we have is that if you map a category to a store, and then map a product to that category, the product still shows up in both stores. Only if we map the product itself to a store does it only display in that store. I can not seem to find any reason to have a category mapped to a specific store and not all of its products. Is this a bug or a conscious design decision? In either case, can you recommend a simple solution to map thousands of products to 1 of the enabled stores? At least then we can eliminate part of the workload.

Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.