Multi-store roadmap. Let's discuss (UPDATE: done)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
natek wrote:
We have multistore installed and the issue we have is that if you map a category to a store, and then map a product to that category, the product still shows up in both stores. Only if we map the product itself to a store does it only display in that store. I can not seem to find any reason to have a category mapped to a specific store and not all of its products. Is this a bug or a conscious design decision? In either case, can you recommend a simple solution to map thousands of products to 1 of the enabled stores? At least then we can eliminate part of the workload.

Thanks.

That was done by design. There are several examples for that: a product can be in more than one category and you just want to hide one of them, or that you still want the product to be searchable, etc.
There is a work-item for bulk ACL on products that could be extended for that.
9 years ago
Hi Guys

This just a quick question, does anybody know what a "safe limit of shops" would be in the Multistore solution, I would be interested to know of anyone who has a large amount of shops running from one solution, just so we could gauge what would be the safe limit.

Any help would be most appreciated.
9 years ago
XtremeCommerce wrote:
Hi Guys

This just a quick question, does anybody know what a "safe limit of shops" would be in the Multistore solution, I would be interested to know of anyone who has a large amount of shops running from one solution, just so we could gauge what would be the safe limit.

Any help would be most appreciated.

I have a customer in Canada who's using my payment plugin for E-xact. They have 21 stores setup in nop 3.3. I'm not really sure how it's going. The site is http://www.Lemira001.ca. You might be able to contact them thru the site and see how it's going for them.
9 years ago
Hello,

We also have a multi-store solution based on NopCommerce 3.0, but with slightly modified code (mostly for the admin part: the client requested a much simpler administration interface). Our client runs a franchise and they currently have 22 stores set up. A note would be that these are only presentation sites without shopping cart or checkout feature. Customers only have an option to add products to their wishlist (so their friends might get ideas about what presents they would like). We had some performance issues, but solved them by refactoring our code and moving to a better hosting. If I correctly recall, I even sent an improvement suggestion to Nopcommerce team and they said that it will be implemented (in fact it should have been implemented by now).

Regards,
ZB
9 years ago
Thanks guys

Really appreciate the feedback, I have a project in mind but it could be as many as 200 shops, so i am just trying to way up the pro's and con's at the moment and see if it is indeed possible or if I need to look at an alternative solution.
9 years ago
I was the first person to launch live multi-sites and all responsive at that.

At the moment, I have one site running 15 stores and I can tell you honestly that some times performance is dreadful. A couple of the sites get high-traffic sometimes and when they do, all the sites near enough grind to a hault.

We are running a very high spec server and even with that, we have to throttle this site now and again so as not to mess with the few other sites I run on it.

The main issue is that all the sites running of the multistore all use the same application pool, so when one starts to 'bog' down, it affects the others too.
9 years ago
Hi untiedshoes

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience, what I have in mind I don't think they will have large amounts of traffic, the are more hobby shops for ladies that make handmade products, so I would expect them to be relatively low traffic, and now I have said they will probably prove me wrong, but I suppose I could do them in blocks of ten to be on the safe side.

Also I am running them on my own dedicated server, so at least I can keep an eye on them if there are any issues.
9 years ago
Not a problem :)

We're actually looking at doing a rebuild later this year and splitting them into groups of 3, which should alleviate some of the issues.

We run other multi-store sites for the same company (in 3's) and they do seem better, although they do get a great deal less traffic.

Just a quick one - the sites I have mentioned are running 3.0, hence saying we where the first ones to launch live multi-stores - 3.30 maybe much quicker, although at the moment I can't comment. I have however just launched a multi-store running 3.20, but at the moment, there's only one live as the other two are currently having products added.
9 years ago
Hi Unitedshoes

Just as a matter of interest what were the issues you are faced with? we are looking at doing this in 3.40 as this seems to be playing very nicely at the moment http://nop34themes.co.uk, and the resource usage has come down quite considerably the link I have added is currently sitting on about 185MB with a 1000 products, and the speed seems to have improved also.

Its quite impressive now.
9 years ago
Thanks for the localhost setup method, works like a charm
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.