Validation failed for one or more entities. See 'EntityValidationErrors' property for more details.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
under "Edit Product Details"  in "Full description:" there is bug when we can not enter more than 357 words its show following error while saving ....................................

Server Error in '/' Application.

Validation failed for one or more entities. See 'EntityValidationErrors' property for more details.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.Entity.Validation.DbEntityValidationException: Validation failed for one or more entities. See 'EntityValidationErrors' property for more details.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[DbEntityValidationException: Validation failed for one or more entities. See 'EntityValidationErrors' property for more details.]
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges() +132
   Nop.Data.EfRepository`1.Insert(T entity) +226

[Exception: Property: FullDescription Error: The field FullDescription must be a string or array type with a maximum length of '4000'.
]
   Nop.Data.EfRepository`1.Insert(T entity) +817
   Nop.Services.Logging.DefaultLogger.InsertLog(LogLevel logLevel, String shortMessage, String fullMessage, Customer customer) +287
   Nop.Admin.Controllers.BaseNopController.OnException(ExceptionContext filterContext) +247
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeExceptionFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, Exception exception) +170
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +838606
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +65
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +51
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +51
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +606
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288
11 years ago
SaketElectronics wrote:
FullDescription Error: The field FullDescription must be a string or array type with a maximum length of '4000'.

Please do not duplicate topics
11 years ago
Thank, Andrei for reply

but the problem in nopcommerce v2.80 is that when we add new product and under product info there is "Full description" we cannot write more than 4000 words but if some product have more than 4000 words then what to do ? and in nopcommer v2.40 these problem of 4000 words was not there. so plz correct the problem and the same problem is under topic pages "ConditionsOfUse" , "PrivacyInfo", "ShippingInfo"

plz correct these error as these error was not there in nopcommerce V2.40
11 years ago
4,000 is the limitation of SQL compact. Just use the standard editions of SQL Server
11 years ago
It's Ok Andrei

but my problem is that i have already using nopcommerce v2.40 and it is live as www.saketgroup.co.in but due to payment gateway problem of additional fee in percentage format as my payment gateway is EBS i want to copy my nopcommerce V2.40 to NopCommerce V2.80 and in NopCommerce V2.80 my Ebs payment gateway is working fine. i am get the problem of word limitation 4000. is it necessary to use the standard editions of SQL Server not SQL compact server which we was using in nopcommerce v2.40.
11 years ago
SaketElectronics wrote:
is it necessary to use the standard editions of SQL Server not SQL compact server

Please see my answer above. Yes, if you don't want to have this 4,000 chars limitation.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.