Apache Solr integration for nopCommerce - More than 900% improvement in average response time

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
mtameez wrote:
Hi JariwalaKunal,
I spent around 10 minutes time to see how the nopaccelerate renders product items particularly using search. I see 10 items per page: Following is my analysis

1. Data retrieved from DB is rendering fast.
2. Images related to product items looks to be OK. But, Here the image name is given is same and perhaps browser might not issue HTTP GET to retrieve the same image. For suppose, if we have unique image name for each product name and we want search such kind of items, will nopaccelarate would render the same results, I mean in terms of performance?

Look Forward to your response.

Thanks,
TMZ

Hi TMZ,

Thanks for your interest and questions.

The demo store has many duplicate products with same pictures because we were demonstrating how it performs with large catalog. Note that you will get same performance with your store with unique products as well.

I request you to have a look at it with a free trial to see how it works with your site. And if you have any question or comments, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
nopAccelerate Team
9 years ago
Hi,

Note that we have added support added for nopCommerce 3.30 several days back. Please go to Downloads under My Account to download updated plugin.
9 years ago
Hi,

Note that we have added support added for nopCommerce 3.40 several days back. Please go to Downloads under My Account to download updated plugin.
9 years ago
A newer improved version of nopAccelerate Solr Plugin has been released, here are the major features added to Search & Catalog Navigation features:

Search Features:

-    Enhanced Search – Diacritics character are now supported in search terms
-    Enhanced Search – You can now select default search operator (AND / OR) for search query
-    Enhanced Search – You can now define Minimum Should Match criteria for search result – Minimun-Should-Match
-    Infinite Scrolling for Search Result Page
-    Added support for State aware URLs using HTML5 History State API, so filtering now supports deep bookmarking and the browser’s back button on Search Result Page

Catalog Navigation Features:

-    Added Infinite Scrolling for all Category Page
-    Added Infinite Scrolling for all Manufacturer Page
-    Added Infinite Scrolling for Tag Page
-    Added support for State aware URLs using HTML5 History State API, so filtering now supports deep bookmarking and the browser’s back button - on on Category, Manufacturer & Tag Pages

And few bug fixes.
9 years ago
Hi,

Kindly note that we have added support added for nopCommerce 3.50 for nopAccelerate Solr Integration - Performance & Search Plugins. Please go to Downloads under My Account to download updated plugin.
9 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:
Hi,

You must be happy to know that we have just released the newer version (Version 2.4) of nopAccelerate.

What's New?

•  Added support for nopCommerce 3.20
•  Now nopAccelerate is compatible with Apache Solr 4.6
•  Performance Optimization
•  Improved it further for stores with huge catalogs mainly with more than 100,000 products
•  Added Category & Manufacturer filters on Product Tag pages
•  Added Vendor filter on Category Pages
•  Display total number of group products / product variants on Product Box like, 3 more variants available
•  Fine-tuned Search - Low Boosting on nGram field
•  Several bug fixes

You can read the full release notes here.

Demo store updated to nopCommerce 3.20.

Thanks,

nopAccelerate.com Team

Great stuff you have here, currently undergoing changes on a website and I'm interested in knowing, what's the largest store size you've tested? I'm talking well above three-quarter million items - classifieds website?
9 years ago
ijones-psusa wrote:

Great stuff you have here, currently undergoing changes on a website and I'm interested in knowing, what's the largest store size you've tested? I'm talking well above three-quarter million items - classifieds website?

Hi, nopAccelerate is successfully deployed and used on stores with smaller as well as huge catalogs with many million products. The largest store we tested was having more than 22 million products, and once deployed fully it was having average response time of appx. 1-2 seconds. Unfortunately, that store is not live currently.

With huge catalog, search becomes the key and nopAccelerate has very advanced full-text search capabilities including ajax - multi facet filters with infinite scrolling, and many other features that makes your store very easy to use and your customers can find exact product (classifieds in your case) they are looking for quickly.

Kindly contact us here to schedule a demo for you.

Regards
8 years ago
Hi,

Kindly note that we're currently running a promotional campaign under which if you order between 28th May, 2015 to 10th June, 2015 - for the nopAccelerate Download Edition, you will also receive a source code for the Plugin for free.

Regards,

nopAccelerate Team
8 years ago
jariwalakrunal wrote:
Hi,

Kindly note that we're currently running a promotional campaign under which if you order between 28th May, 2015 to 10th June, 2015 - for the nopAccelerate Download Edition, you will also receive a source code for the Plugin for free.

Regards,

nopAccelerate Team

when will it be ready for 3.60?
8 years ago
dianoche wrote:

when will it be ready for 3.60?

It will be released in around 1 week after nopCommerce 3.60 has been released. Planned release date is 22nd June.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.