Adding disallowed items to Robots Text file via (commonController)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi Guys

I am hoping someone knows the anwser to this, I understand the robots text file is now auto generated, which is great news, but I want to disallow both "/productemailafriend" and "/producttags" in the robots text file, as this site has 23,000 products and is going to be a nightmare to sort out, I have gone into the CommonController and added both of them into the list, I build the solution and then open the text file in the browser but they still do not show up in the robots.txt file, am I missing something? do I need to do something else?.

My apologies after a bit more investigation I found that I had edited the wrong site, which is why I could not see it.

And yes I now feel very stupid.
9 years ago
Hi,

I also would like to see this as a default setting in NOP and a file to change it. My code is here:

public ActionResult RobotsTextFile()
        {
            //Load robots.txt additions to end of file.
            //Or even load complete file regardless of this file
            string pathToFiles = Server.MapPath("~/Content/");
            string robotsFile = System.IO.Path.Combine(pathToFiles, "Robots.txt");
            if (System.IO.File.Exists(robotsFile))
            {
                string robotsFileContent = System.IO.File.ReadAllText(robotsFile);
                sb.Append(robotsFileContent);
            }
            Response.ContentType = "text/plain";
            Response.Write(sb.ToString());
            return null;
        }

}

I hope it will become a work item and will be integrated so I do not have to fix it on every upgrade.

J.
9 years ago
Quantis001 wrote:
I hope it will become a work item...

Sure, thanks. Please vote here
9 years ago
how to edit  robots.txt file   in  nopcommerce 3.4  ?

I need:

1.  add  "/"  before   "ru/...."  in file because https://webmaster.yandex.ru/robots.xm write error for parameters without "/"
2.  add " Crawl-delay"  parameter  

please help
8 years ago
Finally done. Please see changeset 68cb714bb2a3 (it contains some description on how to use it)
8 years ago
a.m. wrote:
.... changeset 68cb714bb2a3 (it contains some description on how to use it)

Hi.
... in some description "...
1. Create and add robots.additions.txt to the root of the site. "
but in source "...
848               string robotsFile = System.IO.Path.Combine(_webHelper.MapPath("~/"), "robots.custom.txt"); "
... for certain reasons it's time to correct it.
Best Regards.
6 years ago
To override robots.txt (fixes /.well-known/* apple app lookup by google bot)
1. Open your http://yoursite.extension/robots.txt
2. Copy all the contents.
3. Create a file called robots.custom.txt*
5. Paste the contents from robots.txt to robots.custom.txt
6. Add Disallow: /.well-known/* to robots.custom.txt...save.
7. Copy robots.custom.txt back up to the root of the website.
8. Open http://yoursite.yourextension/robots.txt NOT robots.custom.txt ...verify contents.

*NOTE: There is a file in the root of the website called robots.additions.txt (this file does not work).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.