Has anybody sucessfully upgraded 2.80 to 3.00 on Arvixe?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hello,

I have nopCommerce 3.0 source version installed.

I have tried the upgrade from nopCommerce 2.80 to 3.0 on Arvixe PersonalClass ASP account by following the directions from here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/docs/80/upgrading-nopcommerce.aspx.

When I try to run the site, it gives the install screen.  Please don’t ask me if I saved the settings.txt and InstalledPlugins.txt files and copied them to my website APP_DATA folder.  They are there.

I contacted Arvixe support with escalated ticket # JTW-699-16887 and they have not replied for four hours.  I have contacted them numerous times for a reply to my problem and I have not received one.  They must be very busy.

Does anybody know how to upgrade 2.80 to 3.0 on Arvixe?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony
10 years ago
Hi Carneno,

Our techs have responded to you throughout the day.  The techs have offered their services to assist you and if you give them permission to troubleshoot your site, they will be more than happy to get your account up and running. Please update your ticket if you need further information.

Regards,
10 years ago
Noah,

No, your techs have not responded to me throughout the day.  Not until many hours after my requests and only because I made more requests for help.

Yes, they did respond after my repeated requests, but only with answers like "we are currently working on it" or "someone will contact you within the hour.  Then you wait more time and nobody ever replies.

It was not until I posted something in the public forums, where other Arvixe users could see it, that Kevin replied and offered a rediculous plan.  Something I already did twice.

I can see now why there are so many bad posts about your company on this website and all over the internet.

What I absolutely fail to see, is why nopCommerce considers Arvixe a premier partner.

When a company offers a solution of cancelling your subscription service as a solution of a problem, then it is time to change the service provider.

Goodbye Arvixe ! ! !

Tony
10 years ago
noaharvixe wrote:
Hi Carneno,

Our techs have responded to you throughout the day.  The techs have offered their services to assist you and if you give them permission to troubleshoot your site, they will be more than happy to get your account up and running. Please update your ticket if you need further information.

Regards,

Another problem here is that I don't want them to get my account up and running.  I want to be the one to get it up and running.

I had this problem before and Jeff Norsworthy got it up and running, but by doing things to my account, adding users and databases and database users and other things that I have no idea of what they are.

I want to know waht these changes are.

Everytime I want to install or upgrade, am I supposed to call your tech support to do it for me?  I want to use my databse names and user names.  Not ones created by somebody that did not even let me know they were going to change my account.

That should not be.

If your tech support does not want to tell me what the steps are to install nopCommerce, then I will find a company that will.

Tony
10 years ago
Carneno wrote:
Hi Carneno,

Regards,

Another problem here is that I don't want them to get my account up and running.  I want to be the one to get it up and running.

I had this problem before and Jeff Norsworthy got it up and running, but by doing things to my account, adding users and databases and database users and other things that I have no idea of what they are.

I want to know waht these changes are.

Everytime I want to install or upgrade, am I supposed to call your tech support to do it for me?  I want to use my databse names and user names.  Not ones created by somebody that did not even let me know they were going to change my account.

That should not be.

If your tech support does not want to tell me what the steps are to install nopCommerce, then I will find a company that will.

Tony

Tony,

I'm not really sure what it is that you are requesting or what's frustrating you. Do you want us to teach you how to upgrade nopcommerce 2.80 to 3.0? You mentioned here that we did it for you once but you are not happy with us doing it for you.

However, not all upgrades are done a certain way. Upgrades can fail. You can search for other people's issues in regards to upgrades at a variety of locations and see the different problems they are having. So if we provide you with instructions and the upgrade fails, is it our fault?

I think that ultimately it's unfair to say, even though you are going above and beyond and upgrading my software, I don't want to wait for that but you must teach me how you do it. I think that everyone would agree, both are outside of the scope of any web host's support services. Even though we try to do our best in both cases.

Ultimately, what we have learned through hosting hundreds of different software, is that the grass seems to be greener at the other side when some consumers have not tried our competitors. No one has mentioned that you must leave our services. However, if you believe that another company will provide better services, you should, most definitely, try them. Because the only alternative is you becoming angry at our services regardless of how much we bend backwards.
10 years ago
I don't think that Arvixe support is responsible for YOUR upgrades and should debug nopCommerce in order to know is wrong. We made dozens of upgrades on Arvixe servers and never experienced any issues with hem. If you still see the installation screen, it means you did something wrong.
10 years ago
Andrei,

If I did something wrong, then why is it working now?

Does that mean I did it right?

Tony
10 years ago
Yup , i am trying to upgrade 2.8 to 3 on arivixe too.
I download the files from nopcommerce and ftp to my domain name.
When i start it , i get this

Server Error in '/' Application.

Attempt by method 'System.Web.HttpApplication.InvokeMethodWithAssert(System.Reflection.MethodInfo, Int32, System.Object, System.EventArgs)' to access method 'Nop.Web.MvcApplication.Application_Start()' failed.

you experience the same ?  or What else i need to configure in order to make it work ?

thanks
10 years ago
sengkok wrote:
Yup , i am trying to upgrade 2.8 to 3 on arivixe too.
I download the files from nopcommerce and ftp to my domain name.
When i start it , i get this

Server Error in '/' Application.

Attempt by method 'System.Web.HttpApplication.InvokeMethodWithAssert(System.Reflection.MethodInfo, Int32, System.Object, System.EventArgs)' to access method 'Nop.Web.MvcApplication.Application_Start()' failed.

you experience the same ?  or What else i need to configure in order to make it work ?

thanks

Do you have the proper .NET framework set inside the control panel? If so, what is your domain?
10 years ago
Carneno wrote:
Andrei,

If I did something wrong, then why is it working now?

Does that mean I did it right?

Tony

Hi Tony,

If you did it right, then it should work fine right after the upgrade.

If it's working now (but it did not work before), it mean that you've done something that finished the upgrade a bit later (for example, you did not restart the application)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.