Windows 8 issues in Firefox and IE

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
We're seeing an increasing number of issues from users running Windows 8.

Users report that they can't click the checkout or add to cart buttons on either Internet Explorer 10 or Firefox.

I saw some posts about IE 10 and that there was a browserconfig fix for this.  I can't replicate the problems in Windows 7 running IE 10.   Unfortunately, we don't have a copy of Windows 8 to confirm what is happening, but clients are reporting the issue daily.

Has anyone else experienced this and know of a resolution?   We are using nopCommerce version 2.8.  

Thanks.
10 years ago
mtcg wrote:
We're seeing an increasing number of issues from users running Windows 8.

Users report that they can't click the checkout or add to cart buttons on either Internet Explorer 10 or Firefox.

I saw some posts about IE 10 and that there was a browserconfig fix for this.  I can't replicate the problems in Windows 7 running IE 10.   Unfortunately, we don't have a copy of Windows 8 to confirm what is happening, but clients are reporting the issue daily.

Has anyone else experienced this and know of a resolution?   We are using nopCommerce version 2.8.  

Thanks.

My installation:

before: Windows 8 + IE 10 - no problem
now: Windows 8.1 + IE 11 - no problem
10 years ago
Ok, thanks for checking.   We implemented the browsercaps config fix for the IE 10 button issue, which we were seeing and were able to replicate.   But now our client is telling us that at least a handful of their customers every day complain about not being able to process their order because the buttons don't work.   I'm really at a loss.   Hopefully we'll get more information from the client as time goes on.  If so, I'll post our findings.
10 years ago
Here's what I think is happening.   Some of our customers work inside financial institutions that require a corporate security setting for their IE browser.   Under Internet Options > Security, the security level is set to "High."

Once it's set to high, the "checkout" button no longer does anything.

In this case, I can't tell customers to just lower their security settings because they are on a corporate network and don't have access to that setting on their browser.   It's controlled by the network administrator.

Thoughts?
10 years ago
Something is probably preventing scripts from running. I have found the same behaviour but can only replicate it by adding an older version of jquery to the application.

In ACL enabling Wishlist made the add to cart work again. Not ideal and I can't tell you why.

Application Pool has to be set to Integrated Pipeline as well - in classic mode admin functions no longer in browsers other Chrome.
10 years ago
Thanks.   I can definitely recreate the issue by setting my IE security settings to "high."   Once I do that, I can no longer complete an order.

Try it out.   You can also duplicate this issue on the nopCommerce demo site.

Is there any way around this to correct this scenario?  Seems this is not very rare.
10 years ago
Our client has provided us further information about this issue.

About 3-10 times a day, they get complaints that the checkout buttons don't work.  99% of these customers use IE10.   We have the IE10 browsercaps fix in place, a problem we'd reproduced prior to the fix.   But these issues are occurring after that implementation and so far we haven't been able to replicate the new issues.

Our client has discovered that if they instruct users to downgrade their IE10 to IE9 mode, then the checkout buttons work for most people.   This is mystifying.   First, our copies of IE10 work absolutely flawlessly.   If this were a global IE10 issue, then we should be able to replicate the problem.

The only conclusion I can make so far is that some users have their browsers set to "compatibility mode."   If that's the case, then it should be an easy fix to insert the X-UA-Compatible meta tag forcing a particular version of IE.
10 years ago
Is there a resolution for this issue?  I am unable to click on the buttons in the Dashboard.

I would not want to deploy this to production and then customer not be able to click buttons or checkout and then me not know about the issue.  Is there an update for this to auto fix the issue?
10 years ago
We also experienced the same problem, but now after upgrading to latest version of Firefox in Windows 8, it is working fine for us. we are trying to replicate the issue

Will update if we get any issues in Win8 in the future.

Regards
Richard B.J
10 years ago
This last post is 3 months old. Is there any new information on this issue? I'm starting a new store and I don't want to have this issue on my first day in production...

I see below that other users were not able to duplicate the problem and that's good... I guess... but that doesn't help any of the users who are still having the problem.

- Is anybody looking specifically at this issue?
- Have they found/fixed anything?
- Is this as simple as adding the X-UA-Compatible (or whatever it is) metatag?
- What about the IE-Edge metatag?

Thanks, any new info is greatly appreciated.

Larry
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.