PayPal Hosted Payment gateway plugin for nopCommerce 3.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi JohnJ,

My initial reaction is it could be because you are accessing the American Paypal system rather then the UK version which uses a Payflow style interface. If you are using UK Paypal solution the sandbox did not work so you need to use the live system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Renners.
8 years ago
cnsJohn wrote:

1. cart is emptied
2. ghosted out iFrame form is displayed for just a moment
3. "Plugins/PaymentPayPalIfHosted/Redirect" displays "Error Processing Payment      This transaction can't be processed. Please pay with another card."

I know PayPal returns some strange, seemingly non-related, error messages, so this error may be as simple as a credential mis-match, of some missing variable.
JohnJ

This plugin is NOT COMPATIBLE with US PAYPAL accounts.  You need PayPal Advanced to do similar functions in the USA. Trust me, I wasted many an hour and call to PayPal before realizing this because it's not clarified enough on the plugin page.
8 years ago
Matt,

Thank you for the reply.  PayPal Payments Advanced is what I wish to use.  But I have not found a plugin for the payment service.  I'me pretty weak in C#, so I'm struggling to recreate my ASP VBScript implementation within the NopC environment.

If you know of a PPA plugin or can lend any additional insight, I would really appreciate your perspective.

JohnJ
8 years ago
cnsJohn wrote:
Matt,

Thank you for the reply.  PayPal Payments Advanced is what I wish to use.  But I have not found a plugin for the payment service.  I'me pretty weak in C#, so I'm struggling to recreate my ASP VBScript implementation within the NopC environment.

If you know of a PPA plugin or can lend any additional insight, I would really appreciate your perspective.

JohnJ

Hi John,

I haven't found a PP Advanced solution for NopC but I did find one for a WordPress (woocommerce) store I was working on and after paying $79 for it, I found some inherent issues with the plugin that I believe are happening with the PP Hosted solution discussed here as well. I'll outline them below, but my synopsis is that unless you have a solution developed to tightly integrate with your theme's checkout process & page (custom development) to work similarly to GoDaddy, VistaPrint and many other popular checkout pages with hosted PayPal, you will run into the following issues ...

1) The customer will still be taken away from the checkout page to a new page with an un-styled i-frame containing PayPal payment options. Since this is taking place away from the checkout page, 2) the order summary is not visible and 3)in the background, an order has been created, pending payment, that will then be cancelled out if the customer decides not to go with the PayPal payment option - or 4) if they decide to go back a page to see the order summary before completing payment, the order will be cancelled.

From my experience the better solution is to use PayPal's standard implementation and style it via the PP website to match your store as much as possible.

It's probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but until a theme developer gets the notion to tightly integrate some of the really impressive checkout options that PayPal affords, such as "authorizing" a payment and giving upsell options at a discount (similar to VistaPrint) before the payment is processed, then you will most likely need to hire a developer to make it work seemlessly with your store.

Of course a theme/plugin developer could simply make a checkout page that displays the i-frame along with the product summary, etc, but I believe an order has to be created at some point (similar to PP Express) before rendering the i-frame.

Either way, in my opion to do all this integration work and NOT take advantage of some of the advanced upsell features would be a disastrous waste of development time and many sales opportunities would be lost. Hence, I believe a theme/plugin developer would really benefit from offering this solution in a package.

Hope this helps!
8 years ago
Matt,

Thank you for the additional insight, though it is disappointing to read it.  I'll put a little effort into putting a page into the NopC payment flow, to try to get PPA working.

JohnJ
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.