Shopping Cart Impersonation Bug?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi,

On an intermittent basis, I try to impersonate a customer with several items in their shopping cart in order to place an order on the customer's behalf.  Unfortunately, while impersonating the customer, the Shopping Cart has no items in it.  Is this a bug?  I would assume that since impersonation ensures the same experience as the customer would, should the Cart not contain the items that have been placed into it already by the customer.  It's empty.

To test this:

1.  Open two web browser windows.
     2.  Login using Administrator in one of the browser instances.
     3.  Login using Customer in the other browser instance.
     4.  Using the Customer browser instance, add several items to the shopping cart.
     5.  In the Administrator browser instance, click on Sales -> Current Shopping Carts.
     6.  Pick the Customer whose basket was filled in Step 4.
     7.  Click on the Current Shopping Cart tab.  Information will display correctly.
     8.  Click on the Place Order (Impersonate) tab and click on the Impersonate button.
     9.  A new browser window will open.
     10.  Notice the Shopping Cart.  It will have 0 items within it.

Should it not have the items the Customer had originally placed in it?
     Isn't that the point of impersonation?

Please help.

Giovanni
10 years ago
Hi Giovanni,

I presume you're doing something wrong (maybe, some other customer) because it works just fine. And I see the other customer shopping cart items after impersonation
10 years ago
Hi,

It was my mistake.  I came to realize that I cannot impersonate a customer in Store1 when I am logged in to Store2.  While it will impersonate properly, the shopping cart will not contain the shopping cart items that were put in when the customer was logged into another store.  This makes sense as one product may not be available in a certain store; therefore, the shopping cart is empty.  Can you please confirm this?

Would you be able to help me with a recent question I had posted?
     I really need help with this and having a hard time with it.  The question can be found at:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/25704/browsing-to-specific-store-and-order-and-impersonation.aspx

I am not familiar with MVC, or the Plugin Architecture so doing something in nopCommerce is not feasible.
     That's why I need to build it using a separate ASP.Net web forms app.
     The complete description of my problem is detailed in the link above.  Can you please help?

Best Regards,

Giovanni
10 years ago
I had something similar happen, where the customers shopping cart was empty, but all the products that he had added ended up in the admin cart.  I think this is related to the session timing out.

It's not a really big problem just an inconvenience for the customer, who has to enter everything again.  Or I can go in and impersonate them again, and just log out - end impersonation session, before it times out.

Is this a bug?
5 years ago
We've run into similar issues. I think you're at risk even if it's the same store. It's a weird combination of things I think. Usually it's an admin trying to impersonate a customer and may have admin tabs still open or try to log in before ending the impersonation. But yes, end result is that the cart gets wiped out.
4 years ago
I have found this bug to still be alive.  The shopping cart got moved from the person who was being impersonated to the impersonator.  NOP v4.1.  It seems to happen when you switch between the impersonation tab and your regular tab.
Unfortunately, I cannot really provide anymore information than that.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.