IOWISH.COM (NC 3.1 w/ Nop-Templates Plugins & Responsive Jewelry Theme)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
I've been working on a t-shirt shopping site project for www.iowish.com for a while now and am starting to fully realize my vision of how I wanted to display the custom shirt options thanks to NC 3.1's attribute image ability (among other great features of 3.1) and Nop-Templates' responsive Jewelry theme and the great help they have provided me to customize the CSS and plugin views.

While I still have more basic product image work to do, I'm about to test an image-overlay technique utilizing the 7Spikes (nop-templates) Product Ribbons plugin that basically lets me overlay a transparent design image on top of blank apparel images so that my customers can see almost exactly how a particular shirt design will look on their choice of shirt colors & styles. This "trick" alone will save me literally 1,000's of hours of graphics work, tons of server space and - if all goes according to vision - I'll be able to release another t-shirt site with over 3,000 designs in literally a matter of days instead of several months & headaches.

*** UPDATE - moved to Alicante theme by NopTemplates. :)

I'm always looking for fun new plugins, CSS tricks and I'm willing to share my experience to help save others from going through the troubles I've learned from - such as what plugins, themes, discount scenarios (etc.) work well in certain situations and device screens. I've also become a near "expert" on GoDaddy VPS/Dedicated server setup to prep for a highly functioning NopCommerce installation. I'm also very open to ideas, suggestions and help with projects that I'm working on because while we each have a good vision to start our projects with, the expertise and outside viewpoints of others can almost always help us realize our visions! :)

Happy 'Nop'ping!

Matt
10 years ago
Very cool and great cause!

If I may ask, how did you create the effect where, when you're zooming in on an object and mousing around, the image area turns grey? This lets me see the white box more clearly so that I know what area of the shirt I'm zooming around in. I also have Jewelry as my go-to theme and yes, the guys over at nop-templates are the best!

Thanks in advance!
10 years ago
FinanceGuy wrote:

If I may ask, how did you create the effect where, when you're zooming in on an object and mousing around, the image area turns grey? This lets me see the white box more clearly so that I know what area of the shirt I'm zooming around in. I also have Jewelry as my go-to theme and yes, the guys over at nop-templates are the best!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Finance Guy!

I'm very sorry for not getting back to you until now - somehow I missed a notification that you had posted here.

The way to get the opaque overlay on the main image while showing the zoom to the side is as follows...

ADMIN > PLUGINS > NOP CLOUD ZOOM > go to Cloud Zoom Configuration Settings > enable tint > pick a color. (updated, not sure what i was thinking on orig post - lol)

I have since moved to a different theme by Nop-Templates (GREAT GROUP!!!) and I recently purchased the NopLite theme by Lam Woon w/ ProNopCommerce - but I'm definitely sticking with the plugins package from Nop-Templates so you'll probably see Cloud Zoom in action (and jCarousel, anywhereSliders, etc) on my site as soon as I can figure out what's going wrong with my upgrade to 3.2 - lol.

Thanks,
Matt
10 years ago
FinanceGuy wrote:

Thanks in advance!

you need to activate enable tint and choose a color
10 years ago
marcwagener wrote:

Thanks in advance!

you need to activate enable tint and choose a color

Thanks Mark. I knew it was somewhere around there - haven't used the feature in months. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.