Google Products generated feed - no shipping weight, errors processing feed

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
My client has been generating and uploading his product feed to Google Products. He completed this task successfully on 11/4, but then tried yesterday and received errors on all 1200+ products because he was missing the "shipping weight" field.

I looked at the xml file, and indeed, no shipping weight. Generated another one just to be sure.

Looked at XML file for successful feed upload on 11/4 - no shipping weight there either. Did Google just change rules to make shipping weight required?

If so, how do we generate feed to include this field?

My client sells Christmas ornaments/products, so this is kind of urgent :)
10 years ago
Looks like there's a setting for it on the config page:

//shipping weight [shipping_weight] - Weight of the item for shipping
                        //We accept only the following units of weight: lb, oz, g, kg.
                        if (_froogleSettings.PassShippingInfo)
                        {
                            var weightName = "kg";
                            var shippingWeight = product.Weight;
10 years ago
We have just had Google reject all of our products as well. I'm sorry but I do not understand this solution. Can someone please explain. Thanks!
10 years ago
Thanks - I didn't see it right away (seems like it was somewhere else in pre 3.0 versions), but then found it in the Config > Settings > All Settings, filtered on "Froogle" and changed the "frooglesettings.passshippinginfo" from "False" to "True."

I regenerated the feed and uploaded it and all is good.

My client said he saw somewhere that this was something that Google changed in the past week or so (requiring the shipping weight).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
10 years ago
Hi Forestry - I was just posting my solution, so hopefully it's what you need. (I basically said this in my earlier response, but thought I'd repeat the steps in case others are looking for the answer quickly).

Google Product search has recently required shipping weight.

This is the fix for nop 3.0:

Go to Config > Settings > All Settings (Advanced)

Use the filter for the Setting Field, I used "contains" and "Froogle" (if you use "Google" you don't get the right setting).

Where it shows: frooglesettings.passshippinginfo, change the value from "False" to "True."

Re-generate your feed (and it will now show the weight), and upload to Google Products as before. I just did this and my upload was successful.
10 years ago
Zolmedia, you are the best! That worked no errors! Now I just hope Google gets us back online soon.
Many thanks.
John
9 years ago
can any one tel me where i will get the Config > Settings > All Settings (Advanced) path.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.