nopcommerce.com new theme or redesign

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
I'm wondering whether nopcommerce.com is planning on a whole theme update. Although I think the current design is neat and efficient, it's a little bit out-dated. At the end of day, when we / customer following the link "powered by no nopcommerce" to official site, this is the first impression we get about this platform.

Comparing with all popular platform, we would like to see following changes for the website:

1.  Better visual design of the site. This includes more pleasant colour choice, more appealing picture and better modern text (the current text size is too small for reading for most of people I guess. I normally have to zoom 125% when visit the website. Also it would be good if you can switch to some modern Google fonts), better layout for organized content. I cannot emphasize how important it is for the first impression. We know the content is important. However, to get it delivered, it has to well organized and well presented.

2.  Better home page. With slide for successful customer story, featured article or release, featured partner, featured extension. More dynamic content (right now only the release part of home page is dynamic).

3.   It would be nice to see NC team start a blog and use it as a communication way to keep in touch with community and customers. I know we have forum. But the blog is different. It’s more official and has better presentation about content (better layout, with picture, even video). We can have discussion for specific article. And the most important thing, you can use the blog article to update your content regularly (like put on the home page), or use it as landing page for email marketing.
9 years ago
Thanks a lot for suggestion. But currently we do not plan to re-design the official site. Although some certain tasks are already on our roadmap (e.g. blog, featured extensions, etc)
9 years ago
Andrei!  I agree with this. Nop needs to update its website now with a modern look to compete with other suits in e-commerce eco-system.
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Thanks a lot for suggestion. But currently we do not plan to re-design the official site. Although some certain tasks are already on our roadmap (e.g. blog, featured extensions, etc)

It's sad news to hear that there is no redesign plan. Personally I still think the whole website look of a Ecommerce platform is very important for its promotion and guideline for customers who choose the platform. I also feel a little bit strange that with those new themes published by NC official, there is no plan for theme renew for their own website.

Anyway, at the end of day, it's your website and you have your own priority task list. :)
9 years ago
I think this is a good suggestion - and the points are valid.

I just had a look at zen cart site - it is badly in need of a facelift and must surely put people off - hey, i hope they come here instead :)

this site is way better but could do to be more modern looking - after all, presentation is everything.

I'd say it needs to be resonsive too - if people are searching for a solution for their new business, they'll probably be looking using a mobile device so they will expect their first impression to be mobile friendly.

You want to grab them as soon as they arrive - have a look at http://www.volusion.co.uk it is a compelling site.

The problem is time I guess - hey, Andrei, how soon do you think it will be before you're daughter can start to program :-))
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.