Search engine does not find a method

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
I continuously getting this error in the log more frequently. But why search engine bot tries to access 'ProductDetails_AttributeChange' method? What will be solution of this problem? I assure this method is working fine.

Details log entry of this error:

Log level:   Error
Short message:   A public action method 'ProductDetails_AttributeChange' was not found on controller 'Nop.Web.Controllers.ShoppingCartController'.
Full message:   System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): A public action method 'ProductDetails_AttributeChange' was not found on controller 'Nop.Web.Controllers.ShoppingCartController'. at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.HandleUnknownAction(String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
IP address:   66.249.69.79
Customer:   builtin@search_engine_record.com

Can anyone please explain this problem and possible resolution? Thank you.
9 years ago
Hello,

You have write "ProductDetails_AttributeChange" this method in ShoppingCartController ?.

You need to check it.
9 years ago
Search engines should not request this URL because we have it specified in the robots.txt file - "RobotsTextFile" method of the CommonController
9 years ago
3-4 days ago I was continuously getting this error. But for last few days this error does not happen. I will inform you if googlebot again will raise this error. (FYI, my website very new. only one month passed after it is live).
Thank you.
9 years ago
Im still getting this error to.
And this URL is in my robots.txt

The robots URLs are case sensitive, that is the reason!

Just make the line bellow lowercase:

_ProductAttributes.cshtml

url: '@Url.Action("productdetails_attributechange", "shoppingcart", new {productId = productId})',

Solved!
9 years ago
Hello Gentelmen,

I'm facing the same issue in the log file, and I'm trying to resolve this issue, (even though its not a serious one)

I tried to find this line as mentioned, url: '@Url.Action("productdetails_attributechange", "shoppingcart", new {productId = productId})',

I don't seem to find it or find  _ProductAttributes.cshtml

any suggestions.

Thank you

P.S I'm running v3.40
9 years ago
Nevermind, I found it, and for those who can't find it, it's under /views/product/

Thank you for the great work.
8 years ago
any update on this?

Getting the same exceptions in log, almost immediately after v3.60 site went live
log says customer is built in search engine record
but find it hard to believe that search engine crawls site instantly after go live?

has this been raised as an issue of maybe fixed in v3.70?

thanks
8 years ago
The WHOIS for the IP address of the search engine record request is google, so they are legitimate.

for anyone who needs a solution - we use our Redirect Plugin to reply with a blank "204 No Content"
response for GET requests to ShoppingCart/ProductDetails_AttributeChange - the plugin makes it work with any query at the end such as "shoppingcart/productdetails_attributechange?productid=3&validateattributeconditions=false " and it does not stop adding items to the cart as it is a POST from the browser to add items to the cart, redirecting the GET request does not interfere.

. https://www.nopcommerce.com/getextension.ashx?id=1044

Thanks,
8 years ago
marc wrote:
we use our Redirect Plugin to reply with a blank "204 No Content"
response for GET requests to ShoppingCart/ProductDetails_AttributeChange - the plugin makes it work with any query at the end such as "shoppingcart/productdetails_attributechange?productid=3&validateattributeconditions=false " and it does not stop adding items to the cart as it is a POST from the browser to add items to the cart, redirecting the GET request does not interfere.

Hi Marc,

What exact record did you enter on Redirect config please? I have installed plugin but don't know how to configure it.

thanks
Dan
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.