Urgent: I need to create a new page with a fill in form, How ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
^^^^ That's pretty complicated for a non .NET developer....
14 years ago
I'm sorry. But, that's the easiest way I can think of. I take advantage of using the same way that nopCommerce sends emails
14 years ago
so you mean i can do all these things without making changes in the code behind ? i can do all these things by adding a new page(Topic) and doing all this stuff from the Fckeditor only ? There is an option in the Fckeditor as "Sourcecode", i can do all the things you mentioned from there only ? as the website is already on the server LIVE, i just dont wanna touch the code that's why i am asking you.
14 years ago
What hkhieu  described would need a new codebheind page.
14 years ago
Here you go!

MemberInfo.aspx

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPages/TwoColumn.master" AutoEventWireup="true"
CodeBehind="MemberInfo.aspx.cs" Inherits="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.MemberInfo" %>
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="cph1" runat="server">
    <asp:Label ID="ResultLabel" ForeColor="Red" runat="server" ></asp:Label><br />
    Name: <asp:TextBox ID="NameTextBox" runat="server"></asp:TextBox><br />
    Company: <asp:TextBox ID="CompanyTextBox" runat="server"></asp:TextBox><br />
    Contact #: <asp:TextBox ID="ContactNumberTextBox" runat="server"></asp:TextBox><br />
    Mobile phone: <asp:TextBox ID="MobilePhoneTextBox" runat="server"></asp:TextBox><br />
    Address: <asp:TextBox ID="AddressTextBox" runat="server"></asp:TextBox><br />
    # of Attendants: <asp:TextBox ID="AttendantTextBox" runat="server"></asp:TextBox><br /><br />
    <asp:Button ID="SubmitButton" runat="server" Text="Submit"
        onclick="SubmitButton_Click" />
</asp:Content>

MemberInfo.aspx.cs

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Net.Mail;
using NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Messages;

namespace NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web
{
    public partial class MemberInfo : BaseNopPage
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
        }

protected void SubmitButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            string mailContent = string.Format("Name: {0}, Company:{1}, Contact#:{2}, Mobilephone:{3}, Address:{4},  Attendants:{5}",  NameTextBox.Text, CompanyTextBox.Text, ContactNumberTextBox.Text,
                                            MobilePhoneTextBox.Text, AddressTextBox.Text, AttendantTextBox.Text);
            try
            {
                MailAddress from = new MailAddress(MessageManager.AdminEmailAddress, MessageManager.AdminEmailDisplayName);
                MailAddress to = new MailAddress("[email protected]");
                MessageManager.SendEmail("Member Info", mailContent, from, to);
                ResultLabel.Text = "email successfully sent";
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                ResultLabel.Text = "Error: " + ex.Message;
            }
        }
    }
}

Add it to nopCommerceStore root folder, create a link some where to it and you ready to go.
I am not a graphic designer, so you make it beautiful yourself. But most importantly, It runs.
14 years ago
You probably need some extra coding for data validation to avoid people entering non-sense value and maybe a captcha.

Forget about FCKeditor. It won't help you in this case.
14 years ago
my website is already live on the server, so if i add this page, i have to re-build the solution right as we are adding .cs file ? and i have to replace the new build .dll files right i mean i have to replace the old folders with the new one right ?
14 years ago
Absolutely right!.
14 years ago
yes you'll have to rebuild and replace .dll files
14 years ago
Thanks a lot for all your replies...i appreciate it
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.