Upload failure for files larger than 30mb

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
When I try to upload a file larger than 30mb, I get a failure message (i.e. Upload failed).

I've already changed the maxRequestLength in the web.config to 100mb (actual value I'm setting is 102400).

The interesting thing is that I don't get any error messages in the windows application log.

I've also tested a lower setting for maxRequestLength of 10mb (value 10240). At this setting when I upload a file of 15mb, I get an Upload Failed and I get an error message in the application log saying that the "Post size exceeded allowed limits.". However, when I use a file that is greater than 30mb with a maxRequestLength of 10mb, I get a Upload Failed but do NOT get an error message in the application log.

My goal is to be able to upload files that are over 200mb in size. But this 30mb limit has me stumped.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
9 years ago
I think your not putting right value for maxAllowedContentLength this value is in bytes so 200mb is 200000000 bytes
<system.webServer>
        <security>
            <requestFiltering>
                <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="524288000"/>
            </requestFiltering>
        </security>
</system.webServer>

as suggested in http://www.webtrenches.com/post.cfm/iis7-file-upload-size-limits
9 years ago
Thanks Lucho! That did the trick.

Curious, where does the error get logged? Does IIS log this error?
7 years ago
Lucho wrote:
I think your not putting right value for maxAllowedContentLength this value is in bytes so 200mb is 200000000 bytes
<system.webServer>
        <security>
            <requestFiltering>
                <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="524288000"/>
            </requestFiltering>
        </security>
</system.webServer>

as suggested in http://www.webtrenches.com/post.cfm/iis7-file-upload-size-limits

I don't find it anywhere ? nothing in web.config of Nop.Admin or Nop.Web ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.