nopCommerce v1.90 mobile version

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi guys,

I have running the customized website (nopCommerce v1.90) for couple years.  it's pretty obviously the mobile version is more popular nowadays. just want to know what is the best way ( or solution ) to make our current website mobile(smartphone/tablet) friendly or responsive?  

I don't have much time to change the fundamental infrastructure or upgrade totally to the latest version (v3.4). but will very keen to just customize the front end of the whole webpages and make it responsive.

I have heard about the phonegap, or 51degree great stuffs. but still don't know how to start from the scratch. Anyone could advise?  

appreciated for your time.

( after several rounds of searching, i'll utilize the bootstrap framework), is it good enough or correct solution?
9 years ago
Here is a list of different responsive frameworks that you can use for your website: http://gridgum.com/6-great-responsive-frameworks-for-2014/

Bootstrap is one of the widely used responsive framework.

Here is a good article about responsive websites: http://www.2createawebsite.com/design/mobile-website-design.html

As long as you understand the basics of responsive design, you can create your own responsive theme instead of going with any other 3rd party framework like bootstrap. nopCommerce has its own responsive theme. nopCommerce default layout/theme does support a responsive design that is optimized for all screen sizes and this approach is handled via media-queries in the CSS.

I would recommend to look into nopCommerce 3.40 theme (responsive.css file) and try to understand how it is being used in the website. Based on that you can easily create your own theme.

You will be better off creating your own responsive theme as it will give you full control over the design.
9 years ago
Hi L.K, that is great stuff.  I will delve into the V3.4 responsive.css file to see whether i can use the same method and inject it into our V1.90 website.

It'll definitely guide me to accelerate our process and make our website responsive.  much appreciated for your detailed information.  

Cheers.
Dave
9 years ago
espresso74 wrote:
Hi L.K, that is great stuff.  I will delve into the V3.4 responsive.css file to see whether i can use the same method and inject it into our V1.90 website.

It'll definitely guide me to accelerate our process and make our website responsive.  much appreciated for your detailed information.  

Cheers.
Dave

I am glad the information was helpful to you :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.