Disable email field in shipping address?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
I've searched for this but can't seem to find an answer.  What is the purpose of being able to enter a different email address against every shipping address?  I realise it defaults to the users registered email address but is there any way to switch it off completely so that the user doesn't have the ability to edit it? (I appreciate there might be some scenarios where it's useful but I don't think most ecommerce sites support per address emails so it adds some complexity).

Thanks, Pete.
9 years ago
Hi Pete,

It's not possible right now. But I've just created a work item. Please vote here
9 years ago
Cool, thanks for the quick answer.
5 years ago
Has there been any update regarding this topic? What is the purpose of being able to enter a different email address against every shipping address?
5 years ago
The "purpose" is that some companies have different people/departments deal with billing vs receiving shipments.
4 years ago
I have purchasers that get items shipped directly to to a patients home.  Because these patients may not have email addresses, is there a way now with 3.80 to disable this required field for emails in the shipping portion of the order?
4 years ago
Duplicate post

See here for an update.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.