Nop 3.4 crash!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi,
I'm using NOP 3.4.
It works fine with the default template.
When I tried to chenge the template to NopRoot I received the compilation error:

Compilation Error
  Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'Nop.Web.Models.Common.TaxTypeSelectorModel' does not contain a definition for 'Enabled' and no extension method 'Enabled' accepting a first argument of type 'Nop.Web.Models.Common.TaxTypeSelectorModel' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 4:  @using Nop.Core.Infrastructure;
Line 5:  @using Nop.Web.Models.Common;
Line 6:  @if (Model.Enabled)
Line 7:  {
Line 8:      var webHelper = EngineContext.Current.Resolve<IWebHelper>();

Source File: e:\HostingSpaces\softsale\softsale.co.il\wwwroot\Themes\NopRoot\Views\Common\TaxTypeSelector.cshtml    Line: 6

Please your help!

thanks
Lior S.
9 years ago
Hi Lior,

So you're using nopCommerce 3.40. But looks like your theme is not compatible with this version. You have to download and install the theme for version 3.40
9 years ago
The issue is that I did use BootStrap for 3.4 -

I have two other websites based on the same platform version with the same BootStrap version,
Yet only on this one I received that crash.

Any idea?
9 years ago
I am using Nop 3.50 and facing same issue. No matter which theme am I using, it crashes with the message mentioned above. I am using shared hosting on Arvixe. I have noticed that not just theme even if I change anything like enabled the SSL, cleared cache and restarted application... it crashed with that compiler message. Some times it comes back after a while. I wounder if being on shared hosting has any impact on it or not.
9 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
I am using Nop 3.50 and facing same issue. No matter which theme am I using, it crashes with the message mentioned above. I am using shared hosting on Arvixe. I have noticed that not just theme even if I change anything like enabled the SSL, cleared cache and restarted application... it crashed with that compiler message. Some times it comes back after a while. I wounder if being on shared hosting has any impact on it or not.

What themes is causing the issue? Could you please provide some more details? Any log errors?
9 years ago
Hi LK,

I was trying free themes, tried a few with similar result but cant recall exactly which were they. What I thought about crash was shared asp.net cache containing different versions of same page. It may or may not be the reason. However I took a VPS from a service provider and problems solved.

I noticed that I mentioned the Arvix name above, that was not intended to blame them. Actually their shared hosting was pretty faster than a vps with 2cores and 2gig of memory and it was just a $4 per month hosting. nopCommerce is not for shared hosting I guess. Almost all of the eCommerce systems needs more resources than a lowest priced shared hosting.
9 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Hi LK,

I was trying free themes, tried a few with similar result but cant recall exactly which were they. What I thought about crash was shared asp.net cache containing different versions of same page. It may or may not be the reason. However I took a VPS from a service provider and problems solved.

I noticed that I mentioned the Arvix name above, that was not intended to blame them. Actually their shared hosting was pretty faster than a vps with 2cores and 2gig of memory and it was just a $4 per month hosting. nopCommerce is not for shared hosting I guess. Almost all of the eCommerce systems needs more resources than a lowest priced shared hosting.

Are you still facing any issues with your site?
9 years ago
Hi LK,

After moving to a VPS issue was solved. I have no issue going on at the moment :)
9 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Hi LK,

After moving to a VPS issue was solved. I have no issue going on at the moment :)

Good to hear that your issue has been resolved!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.