Hosting NopCommerce on Arvixe

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hello there,

Arvixe is hosting my ecommerce.
Like everyone, I wasn't very happy with performances.
I upgraded to a BusinessPlan and it seems to run slower.
Support is useless.

Is anyone in the community managed to have decent performances with Arvixe ?

Any other experience with hosting providers more professional/reliable?

Thanks,

Alberto
9 years ago
My experience is the same as yours.  Incredibly poor performance and the customer service is terrible.  I too want to find a better alternative.
9 years ago
vandalo wrote:
Hello there,

Support is useless.

Thanks,

Alberto

Hi,  

I have had a pretty good experience with Arvixe...  True they are not the fastest at support but then they do offer very good prices.  I had some trouble at first because the server I was on did not have the app pool set to 64 bits.  As soon as they changed that, everything started working fine.   I am able to run nopcommerce on a personal plan and it loads fast and runs great.  It could be that the servers that I am on our not full yet, but I would recommend contacting [email protected] to double check to see if he can solve your problem.

Sometimes a website running slow can be due to other things besides the host.  For example, on another hosting company I had a plan with it it was really fast but then all of a sudden started going very very slow.  It was taking about 40 seconds to load a page.   I found that when I disabled the most of the activity types ( I had them all enabled), truncated files, deleted guest accounts, and abandoned shopping carts, it solved the problem and things started running fast again.  A lot of times it is the host, but sometimes it is due to other problems.

Another host you might want to consider is Softsys hosting.  I ran a nopcommerce website with them for some time.  They have a very fast and helpful support.  They are a little more expensive than Arvixe, but if you are looking for faster support then you might want to try them out.
9 years ago
Hi KAurand,

I am sorry that you have had issues with our service. Do you have a ticket ID that I can use to locate your account (or you can PM me the domain you have with us). We want to know when our customers are having issues and to make sure they are getting the best service possible.

Thank you.
9 years ago
Hi noaharvixe,

I've got performance problems.
I am in touch with the support but nothing has really change.

Could you, please, have a look at my ticket: SUPPORT #OJG-964-62715

Thanks,

Alberto
9 years ago
vandalo wrote:
Hi noaharvixe,

I've got performance problems.
I am in touch with the support but nothing has really change.

Could you, please, have a look at my ticket: SUPPORT #OJG-964-62715

Thanks,

Alberto

Hi Alberto,

Thank you for letting me know your ticket ID. A member from our QA team has worked on your account. Can you please let us know if there are still any issues.

Regards,
9 years ago
Hi noaharvixe,

I know they are looking into my problem.
They said it's very fast for them but my client is not happy.
Today - he told me - it took him 3 minutes before he could see the home page: http://shop.hippieshopformentera.com/
You can try it yourself.
The startup is incredibly slow. After that it goes a little bit better.

Now I have created an account here www.pingalive.com hoping that keeping alive the server will make things
better.

If things do not improve I only have to options:

- leave Arvixe
- change ecommerce.

Thanks,

Alberto
9 years ago
Hi,

Did he test it after I posted to this thread? No changes were made before my post today.

Regards,
9 years ago
Hi noaharvixe,

no. the ticket has been closed.
For Arvixe everything is fine ... except for those who are using the ecommerce.

I activated a few monitoring services and there are a few problems and downtimes.
If you want I can attach screenshots of pingdom etc.

There are problems there.

In a few days and I am going to setup a trial account on http://www.smarterasp.net/ as many people suggest
in this forum so I can compare performances, downtimes and all the rest.

Best,

Alberto
9 years ago
vandalo wrote:
Hello there,

Support is useless.

Thanks,

Alberto

Hi Alberto,

You may ask their support team about your issue. I personally use asphostportal.com for nopcommerce site. They have good perfomance. You may check their hosting plan.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.