Shipping.ByTotal

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi

I am setting up shipping on my clients store and would like to utilise the following shipping methods.

Shipping.ByTotal
Shipping.ByWeight

I have the shipping by weight configured correctly but I'm not sure I have shipping by total configured correctly. I am testing and have added an entry in shipping by total for a specific postcode that offers free delivery. However when i proceed through the checkout and set a delivery address that doesn't include the postcode above the free delivery shipping method is still available as an option.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Si
9 years ago
Have you checked 'Limit shipping methods to configured ones' (and saved the setting) on the Configure page for the plugin?

The following is the tooltip hint for this setting:
"If you check this option, your customers will be limited to the shipping options configured here. Unchecked and they'll be able to choose any existing shipping options even if it's not configured here (shipping methods not configured here will have shipping fees of zero)."
9 years ago
Hi

The option is ticked. No free shipping settings are applied either.

Am I right in thinking the shipping.total option shouldn't be visible during checkout if the postcode doesn't match the one I entered?

Thanks

Si
9 years ago
Yes, if the setting is checked (and saved) then an unmatched postcode should return no results -will display "Shipping options could not be loaded" if no other shipping rate computation method is enabled.

Is the same setting checked for the Shipping By Weight plugin?

Also, it is recommended that only one offline shipping rate computation method is active and "Shipping By Weight" and "Shipping By Total" plugins are both offline types -this may be the cause of your issue. Multiple "Realtime" shipping rate computation methods can be active (AustraliaPost, CanadaPost, FedEx, UPS, USPS) with an offline type.
9 years ago
That's it! I disabled Shipping.weight and it stopped me picking the free delivery option.

I have an issue now as my client wants to free deliveries within n distance but also offer a courier service with prices based on weights.

Is there a way to have both methods running and working together?

Thanks

Si
9 years ago
Shipping Director can do conditional shipping.  See this free shipping example

E.g. in your case, if you declare a list of Postal Codes that get free shipping, then you can check that list to negate the rate returned by Shipping.ByWeight ...
Type  Boolean
Name  IsLocal
Expression  "12345,56789,98765".Contains( ShippingAddress.ZipPostalCode )

Type  Option
Name  Shipping
Expression  true
Rate Expression  Shipping.ByWeight
Surcharge Expression  [IsLocal] ? -[$Rate] : 0
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.