Is there a way to Access Product Generic Atributes in a view ?

4 years ago
Hi

I have added a Generic Attribute to some products, but I am struggling to access the Generic attribute in a view.

I have no problem accessing  Generic Attributes in controllers, but I don't want  modify the core, i want to create a custom view and access the Generic Attributes form the view.

Is this possible?, and if so some sample code would be great.

Thanks
4 years ago
Spire wrote:
Hi

I have added a Generic Attribute to some products, but I am struggling to access the Generic attribute in a view.

I have no problem accessing  Generic Attributes in controllers, but I don't want  modify the core, i want to create a custom view and access the Generic Attributes form the view.

Thanks

@using Nop.Services.Common;
@using Nop.Core.Infrastructure;

@{
    var genericAttributeService = EngineContext.Current.Resolve<IGenericAttributeService>();
    var attributes = genericAttributeService.GetAttributesForEntity(Model.ProductId, "Product");
}

This gives you a list of attributes related to that product. You need to further locate the actual attribute you want to get. :)
4 years ago
Hi

Many thanks for your help worked great

Spire
4 years ago
Spire wrote:
Hi

Thanks

How do you add a generic attribute? I want to add a new value to display for eg pack size in product details page. How can i do it?
4 years ago
Hi

Well in my case I wanted to display a youtube video on the product details page but not on all products, so I created a plugin that added a video tab in the admin section of the products where I could add the youtube url link in a product generic attribute.

Then when the product has a video I create a video tab on the product details page in the public store.

var product = _productService.GetProductById(id);
_genericAttributeService.SaveAttribute<string>(product, Constants.ProductVideoUrlAttribute, productVideoUrl);
4 years ago
Spire wrote:
Hi

Well in my case I wanted to display a youtube video on the product details page but not on all products, so I created a plugin that added a video tab in the admin section of the products where I could add the youtube url link in a product generic attribute.

Then when the product has a video I create a video tab on the product details page in the public store.

var product = _productService.GetProductById(id);
_genericAttributeService.SaveAttribute<string>(product, Constants.ProductVideoUrlAttribute, productVideoUrl);

I'm using nopcommerce 3.4 version. I want to display inner and outer pack size, cant i insert into specification attribute?
We used import routines to import products in database. Would it be correct to insert into specification attribute during product import?
4 years ago
Hi

Yes that would work on the products, not sure about the import routine, as I have not played around with that.,
4 years ago
wooncherk wrote:
Hi

Thanks

@using Nop.Services.Common;
@using Nop.Core.Infrastructure;

@{
    var genericAttributeService = EngineContext.Current.Resolve<IGenericAttributeService>();
    var attributes = genericAttributeService.GetAttributesForEntity(Model.ProductId, "Product");
}

This gives you a list of attributes related to that product. You need to further locate the actual attribute you want to get. :)

I want to have Specification attribute on a view, say product box for some reason. Hoe can it be done. Not able to use enginecontext as it is not registered