Setting the store time

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi

I am having trouble figuring out why my store logs have weird times. I have set the 'Default store time zone' to UTC (London etc) but the time in several places across the store are wrong i.e as I am writing this the time here in the UK is 12:53pm but the latest entry in the store log is 07:46 pm!

It seems to be an issue in several places i.e the activity log for the customer.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Si
9 years ago
Does anyone have any ideas on this? I have customers joining from the future!! :)
9 years ago
Sorry to bump but I need to resolve this. Parts of the site are working on the right time but other areas like the customer log is showing 8 hours in the future....
9 years ago
I have the same problem
8 years ago
It may be getting the time from the server OS directly. If that server OS is on a VM/Cloud service somewhere IE: Azure, then perhaps whatever timezone your selected region is.

I'm having the same problem as well btw.
8 years ago
Time cannot be the same in all regions, and Nop as i believe is using UTC datetime which records datetime from user local datetime.

So say your time is 12 AM, but mine is 3 PM then Nop take my time.

try to reset the datetime at /Admin/Setting/CustomerUser. Not sure if it works for you though.

should look at this

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12054/where-does-the-default-timezone-come-from.aspx

look at A.M post:

1. 'Default time zone'. It's the default time zone of a store. By default it's set to current time zone of the computer where nopCommerce is run (Windows OS setting). But this value can be changed by a store owner (Admin area > Configuration > Customer Settings > DateTime settings). Its value is the same for all customers.
2. 'Current time zone'. It's the time zone of the currently logged-in customer. It's useful when you ticked 'Allow customers to select time zone' (Admin area > Configuration > Customer Settings > DateTime settings). In this case a customer can set any timezone he wants to use (public store > my account). For example, you can do the same on nopCommerce official site here. If 'Allow customers to select time zone' is disabled, then 'Default time zone' value is used.
8 years ago
Hello:

My store time is set up OK for Canada (default time zone indicates UTC Eastern time for US and Canada in the Customers setting menu) but in the System Log from the admin menu it's not displaying the right time. And if I go to the System Information accessible from the "System" in the Admin Menu, the server time zone indicates the following:

Server time zoneServer time zone:  Pacific Standard Time

Server local timeServer local time:  Wednesday, December 16, 2015 2:16:42 PM

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT/UTC)Greenwich Mean Time (GMT/UTC):  Wednesday, December 16, 2015 10:16:42 PM
HTTP_HOST is used when you have run a multi-store solution to determine the current store.HTTP_HOST:  www.cizodeco.com

Is there something I am not doing right? Thanks!
7 years ago
Seems as if there should be a way to show log files with adjusted times for the admin that is logged in, as opposed to showing server times. My server is on Pacific Time (-8hr), while I'm on Central Time (-6). All my log times are 2 hours off what they should read to me. I have to do the math in my head when I look at the logs.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.