Shopping Cart Empty after adding product using version 3.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
I just upgraded from 2.8 to 3.5 ( 2 weeks ago).

There are two domains, which I run on the same server( use applied innovations Virtual Private Servers as my host),  getchia.com and btproto3.com.mytempweb.net.

Getchia.com is the 3.5 production version. 'btproto3.com.mytempweb.net' is my test 3.5.  I copied the objects from 'btproto3.com.mytempweb.net' to getchia.com for the upgrade.
They do not use the exact same database.

Here is my problem.  When a new user opens a browser and enters the getchia.com URL for the first time or after clearing cache on the browser and they attempt to add a product to the cart NOP states that the cart was updated, but when they try to access 'cart' is shows empty.

If you then attempt to add a product to the cart it states that the product is added to the cart and when you access the cart it works and displays the second product added - not the first product.  Then each subsequent time during that session you add to cart it works.  Why would this occur?

Secondly, under the 'btproto3.com.mytempweb.net' URL 3.5 version, this does not occur.  They are both on the same Virtual Private Server.

I have re-booted the server to no avail.

Any assistance you can provide would be most helpful.
8 years ago
Corrected the issue by implementing the following posting.  It was required because I implemented SSL in the production site.:

Posted: October 29, 2013 at 11:06 PM
You need to add following rewrite rule under <system.webserver> node in Web.Config

<rewrite>
    <rules>
        <rule name="Redirect yoursite.com to www.yoursite.com" patternSyntax="Wildcard" stopProcessing="true">
            <match url="*" />
            <conditions>
                <add input="{HTTP_HOST}" pattern="yoursite.com" />
      </conditions>
            <action type="Redirect" url="http://www.yoursite.com/{R:0}" redirectType="Permanent" />
        </rule>
  </rules>
</rewrite>
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.