can't login asadmin after upgrade to 1.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5.  When I try to login in I do not get an error but I dontseemto be logged in either (the top left menu still says login and the administration link is not present).

Any suggestions?
14 years ago
Ive had a very similar experience in the past with 1.4 when i first uploaded it to a host - i was accessing it via webforwarding rather than a hosted domain and the problem was because of the way i set up web forwarding for the domain.

is the store linked to by a redirect rather than a hosted domain
ie

www.mydomain.com   points to your hosting account nop store folder    eg      http://www.myhostingaccount.com/xxx    

if i remember, my problem was because i used framed web forwarding rather than Non-framed web-forwarding
14 years ago
The store is on a GoDaddy shared hosting account.  The url (mystore.com) is mapped to myhostingaccount.com/store using the domain management utility in GoDaddy - not a forward in the DNS.  The location myhostingaccount.com/store is also set up as an IIS7application root.

Version 1.4 worked fine with the exception that the links within the store would display as mystore.com/store/... instead of simply mystore.com/...  I understand this to be a GoDaddy quirk.

When I upgraded to 1.5 (and even in further testing as a clean 1.5 install) the login function does not seem to work properly.  It knows that the correct user ID and password were entered and it associates the correct cart and wishlists, but it still shows the login link as if the login was unsuccessful.

What changed between the versions that may account for this difference?
14 years ago
This might sound a little odd, but are you connected to the correct database?

If you've merged the new files and compiled/debugged, it may have the wrong information in the connection strings config?

Check if this is ok.

I also noticed there is no admin link on one of my dev sites after an upgrade, but you could just add this manually into the heder.ascx file (And add the locale.string if it isn't there of course)

P.S. I love the new admin login screen, separate from the user login (there may also be a division of logins too, but I doubt it?)
14 years ago
Actually, after a quick look (I'm literally downloading, installing, upgrading and learning what's new in 1.50 as we speak), the menu (header.ascx) checks with a Page.User.IsInRole("Admin") token to decide whether to show the admin link.

So, all you'll need to do for this, is set yourself up with an admin role. (There were no roles in my upgraded test site, so I've just added one called admin, I see all the ACL tokens, and I know what to do to reference their functionality in the code now too).

The ACL/Roles integration is a really great addition BTW. Makes the back end a lot less scary, especially for multi-user environments.
14 years ago
zbrand... same here. localhost so no GoDaddy issue.
Any fix?
14 years ago
bump.

Anyone else having a problem like this?
14 years ago
are these cross browser issues, or specific to one, IE for example ?
14 years ago
Hi!
My experience after installing a clean 1.50 up on my server on a new folder under wwwroot is that I can log in as an administrator via Opera and Firefox, but not via IE8. I'm running Windows 7 on my local machine.
I made a new folder under wwwroot (stshop) and uploaded the 'no-sorce' variant up to this folder usinf Filezilla and installed it with the default user and password. I acess the site as http://www.akaas.no/stshop

Regards Anders
14 years ago
The issue has raised has nothing to do with browsers.

I have a shared hosting accounting on godaddy with myurl.com set up to map to /subdir and set as an application root.

The problem I see is that the line

Page.ResolveUrl("~/default.aspx");

is not returning / it is returning /subdir

So clicking on the Home link in the navigation bar takes me to

myurl.com/subdir/default.aspx instead of myurl.com/default.aspx.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.