can't login asadmin after upgrade to 1.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
i remember we have invoked this issue a while back.

the once for all fix for this would be to have a new Appsetting "VirtualRoot" and have Nop handle it.
14 years ago
After many emails an phone calls with go daddy, here is the answer:

Godaddy hosting accounts have all application roots (~/) relative to the main domain of the hosting account, never relative to any other domain registered on the account.  That's just the way they set up their environment.  Unfortunate too that they don't make that very clear upfront.

So...for anyone on a godaddy shared hosting account, you need to place the domain for nopcommerce 1.5 as the main domain of the account.  If this is not possible then you need to pick up another hosting account (a basic one is $5/month on go daddy) to run nop.

The only other alternative is to go through the code and change the ~/ to the actual application root (probaly just /)

@LatinModa - if you are still having this issue on your local machine it is likely related to the way the application root was set up in the IIS config file.  Check to see that the application root is set to /.

I am still just a bit puzzled why version 1.5 has this problem but version 1.4 did not.  I can only assume that the there was some change in the application name logic used in the membership provider.

I do agree that the ultimate solution is to have a database field to set the applicaiton root within nop and avoid all of this messiness all together.
13 years ago
HI!

I've same issues, Every thing is fine at localhost, but not working after hosting on server (upgrade nop 1.4 to 1.5).

After login its shows that user is logedin but Admin can't access the administration page. There is no Administration Link in Header, User Can not checkout, User can't go to My Account page etc.  Please any help!

you can check it www.gharpyara.com
13 years ago
That's Done!

I was doing perfect but there was mistake in uploading, trying to overwrite the previous ver. (1.4) files with new ver.(1.5).
13 years ago
Can you be more specific?  What type of mistake?  Did you have to reload the entire application or was it a directory or two?
13 years ago
ya why not!

I had hosted nop 1.4 when i read the news about release of nop 1.5 (thanks to nopcommerce team), so i decided to upgrade my hosted ver.

I configured it at localhost first and check whole application and add changes to nop 1.5 that i had done in nop 1.4.

After configured and perform additions in nop 1.5, I publish it and go to the live directory for uploading and I uploaded nop 1.5 without removing previous files and folders of nop 1.4.

Due to above I was facing problem about accessing of Account pages, admin panel etc. inother words you can say that I was facing membership problem.

I tried hard to figure out the problem and created sub domain and uploaded fresh copy of nop 1.5 with new database ceration then I saw / checked that each and every thing was working perfectly.

In the mean while i looked the nop provided installation / upgradation video and got a point in my mind to remove all the files and folders exists in the live (web) directory, I did so and upload new published files of nop 1.5,

That's it
13 years ago
I upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5.
I can login in to my account  (https://www.nopcommerce.com/login) But,
when i try to modify my own e-shop, so i went to administration link, and it asked me about the E-mail address and the password, after i filled it ...it showing: ' your login attempt was not successful. please try again'

i) is this e-mail address correct? i means use [email protected] (this format)
ii) if my password is not correct (or forgotten), how to reset it?

any suggestion?
13 years ago
Please remove all files and folders of nop 1.4 before uploading nop 1.5

then upload all published copy of nop 1.5, this might help.

but keep in your mind that you are fully customized with your changes in nop 1.5 that you have in nop 1.4
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.