Upgrade from 3.50 to 3.60

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Has anyone developed better step-by-step upgrade instructions than those that are on this site?

This will be our first time upgrading.  We have custom themes in addition to products, images, and configuration settings.  All of which we do not want to lose.  At the same time, we don't want to make a complete copy of the entire system and then do the upgrade and then have to troubleshoot all of the issues.

Thanks!
8 years ago
Check documentation: http://docs.nopcommerce.com/display/nc/Upgrading+nopCommerce
8 years ago
Tecnofin wrote:

thats for old users who already done upgrades.

We need something to show us how and where to execute upgrade.sql script etc

Steps:
1. Backup your existing database ?
2. Execute upgrade.sql script over your database ?
3. Remove all files from the previous version except App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt
4. Upload new site files ?
5. Copy back App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt files
6. Ensure that everything is OK

1,2 and 4 need some explanation for first time NOP users.
8 years ago
I too, need better detailed instructions... I am on godaddy and tried to do the upgrade from 3.30 to 3.40, then to 3.50, then to 3.60.  I think I found the right place to run the SQL script on my MS SQL database, at least it appears to work, but site was broke when I was done.

If the upgrade script is what you down load for an upgrade.... what new files are they meaning to copy back, when none were downloaded with the update script?

Thanks for any help provided...
Russ
8 years ago
I just really dont know how to run this upgrade script on smarterasp. Also where pictures are saved from products. If anyone know and have 5 mins to help I will be more then thankful.
8 years ago
The fact is that the documentation for upgrades is poor and perhaps could be a focus on the next upgrade.  We'll just sit at 3.5 until there are better instructions.  You can't say to delete all files and then later say retain 2 of them.  It just doesn't give you a good feeling about this.  Also, why can't you leave the directory where the photos are stored?  Why must you back them up, delete them, and then put them back?
8 years ago
Hi. I upgraded 3.50 to 3.60. During installation and sqlscript execution everything work fine.

When i restart the site, log in administration panel .. then

- the dashboard is white except the box titles
- there is no store in Configuration/Stores list
- system/log interface remain in loading mode and nothing happens.

Did someone else discover same simptoms?

Regards
8 years ago
mystones wrote:
Hi. I upgraded 3.50 to 3.60. During installation and sqlscript execution everything work fine.

Regards

Same here
8 years ago
CarpeDiem wrote:

Regards

Same here

I was having the same problem using Firefox.  I also use Chrome and that did not have any issues.  So you might want to switch and use another browser until this issue is fixed.
8 years ago
sklewis wrote:

Regards

Same here

I was having the same problem using Firefox.  I also use Chrome and that did not have any issues.  So you might want to switch and use another browser until this issue is fixed.

Doesnt work on Chrome, Mozilla, Mozilla Developer, Spartan and IE. :(
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.