SQL Problems Upgarding from 1.4 to 1.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Good Afternoon, Hope someone can help we as I am really stuck at the moment...

I have downloaded 1.50 to upgrade my 1.40 installation I made backup of my www folder and my SQL database, deleted everything in the WWW folder, uploaded the new 1.5 installation and went to install/install.aspx

Choose the upgrade option and on the second page with SQL details it already had my server name in the box which was correct (also tried localhost and its IP address) and I have used Windows Authentication as well as database login and creating a new user but every single time I click on next the following error occurs:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

I can access the Database perfectly fine using SQL Management Tools so what am I doing wrong?

Please help my shop is now offline :-(

Thanks in advance,
Max
14 years ago
GO  to your connectionString webconfig and change this with your database details

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=putTheNameOfYourServerHere;Initial Catalog=NameOfYourDatabase;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=YourUserID;Password=YourPassword;Connect Timeout=120"/>
</connectionStrings>

and after doing this follow these instructions (Video tutorial - how to upgrade)
https://www.nopcommerce.com/Screencasts/UpgradingNopCommerce.aspx

Hope it helps...

(Let me know if you face any problem)
14 years ago
Am I being thick but I can't find a webconfig with

<connectionStrings>

in it? Or Am I meant to add the whole section?
14 years ago
go to nopCommerceStore folder, Inside this folder there is a file " ConnectionString.webconfig"
14 years ago
Theres a ConnectionStrings.config but not webconfig so to me that looks correct.

I pasted what you told me to paste in that file and saved the changes. Now when I go to /install/install.aspx as the video shows 'Internal Error'

Hers whats contained in the connectiostrings.config:

<connectionStrings>
  <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=NOP;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=*removed*;Password=*removed*;Connect Timeout=120"/>
</connectionStrings>
14 years ago
max_carpenter wrote:
Theres a ConnectionStrings.config but not webconfig so to me that looks correct.

I pasted what you told me to paste in that file and saved the changes. Now when I go to /install/install.aspx as the video shows 'Internal Error'

Hers whats contained in the connectiostrings.config:

<connectionStrings>
  <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=NOP;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=*removed*;Password=*removed*;Connect Timeout=120"/>
</connectionStrings>

please answer these questions:

1) You're not using any server outside your workstation ?
2) Are you installing everything on your computer ? because by ./SQLEXPRESS it seems like you're just testing the nopCommerce on your computer not making it public/live website.
3) When you were using 1.4 version did you add products and categories in your database ? or still default products are in your old database ?
14 years ago
1: Everthing is installed on my server NOP files / IIS / SQL
2: As answered above really all on my server
3: Yes I added lots of products and categories it was a fully functional shop however I did not modify any of nop code...

If this helps heres some details about my setup:

Server 2003 Standard
SQL Express 2008 - Installed Instance 'SQLExpress'
IIS 7
Nop is installed on a virtual directory of my main website
Database: NOP

Umm I think that is everything....
14 years ago
max, the datasource in the connection string you posted is your local sql database engine , to link to the database on your hosted site, you would need the datasource to be your hosted database

could be a domain name,
could be an IP address

look at your original connectionstring.config file and see what you used there - the connection string should probably be the same in v1.5 as it was in v1.4

make the alterations and upload the .config file to your server
14 years ago
I can confirm that the old ConnectionStrings.config is actually the same as what I have posted. The Website files, IIS and the SQL Server are all on the same machine so .\SQLExpress will work (it works for other things on the site)

If I was to put TMPBOX\SQLEXPRESS or 192.168.1.2\SQLEXPRESS as the database server as that is the name and the IP address of the server everything is hosted on I get the same results.....

We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.
Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time.
14 years ago
In case it helps I am receiving this ASP.NET error when I view the website locally.. Does it point to the problem:

Server Error in '/Shop' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Login failed for user 'nopAdminAcc'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'nopAdminAcc'.

Source Error:

Line 46:             if (InstallerHelper.ConnectionStringIsSet())
Line 47:             {
Line 48:                 LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum.Unknown, ex.Message, ex);
Line 49:             }
Line 50:         }

Source File: c:\DHCD\SHOP\Global.asax    Line: 48

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'nopAdminAcc'.]
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +428
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +65
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +117
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +122
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetNewOpenConnection() +219
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnection(Boolean disposeInnerConnection) +125
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnection() +41
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.ExecuteNonQuery(DbCommand command) +76
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.Audit.SQLLogProvider.InsertLog(Int32 LogTypeID, Int32 Severity, String Message, String Exception, String IPAddress, Int32 CustomerID, String PageURL, String ReferrerURL, DateTime CreatedOn) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\EnterpriseEdition\1.5Release\Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\Audit\SQLLogProvider.cs:184
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Audit.LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum LogType, Int32 Severity, String Message, Exception exception, String IPAddress, Int32 CustomerID, String PageURL) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\EnterpriseEdition\1.5Release\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Audit\LogManager.cs:181
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Audit.LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum LogType, String Message, Exception Exception) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\EnterpriseEdition\1.5Release\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Audit\LogManager.cs:146
   ASP.global_asax.Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\DHCD\SHOP\Global.asax:48
   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RaiseOnError() +135

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.