SQL Problems Upgarding from 1.4 to 1.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
you don't have to confuse yourself:

Do you have the backup of all the files that you deleted when you were in 1.4version of nopCommerce ?

If yes then go to your OLD 1.4 version nopCommerceStore folder  > COPY the ConnectionString.config file > Paste is in your new 1.5 version nopCommerceStore folder " If it says ConnectionString.config file already exists, replace file ? SELECT YES to replace"

now run the project
14 years ago
max_carpenter wrote:

If I was to put TMPBOX\SQLEXPRESS or 192.168.1.2\SQLEXPRESS as the database server as that is the name and the IP address of the server everything is hosted on I get the same results.....

Assuming that your server name is :192.168.1.2, if yes then use this:

<connectionStrings>
  <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=192.168.1.2;Initial Catalog=NOP;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=YOUR_USERNAME;Password=YOUR_PASSWORD;Connect Timeout=120"/>
</connectionStrings>
14 years ago
Ok its hangs for ages and then comes up with the following error:

Server Error in '/Shop' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Source Error:

Line 46:             if (InstallerHelper.ConnectionStringIsSet())
Line 47:             {
Line 48:                 LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum.Unknown, ex.Message, ex);
Line 49:             }
Line 50:         }

Source File: c:\DHCD\SHOP\Global.asax    Line: 48

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)]
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +428
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +65
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +117
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +122
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetNewOpenConnection() +219
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnection(Boolean disposeInnerConnection) +125
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnection() +41
   Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.ExecuteNonQuery(DbCommand command) +76
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.Audit.SQLLogProvider.InsertLog(Int32 LogTypeID, Int32 Severity, String Message, String Exception, String IPAddress, Int32 CustomerID, String PageURL, String ReferrerURL, DateTime CreatedOn) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\EnterpriseEdition\1.5Release\Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\Audit\SQLLogProvider.cs:184
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Audit.LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum LogType, Int32 Severity, String Message, Exception exception, String IPAddress, Int32 CustomerID, String PageURL) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\EnterpriseEdition\1.5Release\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Audit\LogManager.cs:181
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Audit.LogManager.InsertLog(LogTypeEnum LogType, String Message, Exception Exception) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\EnterpriseEdition\1.5Release\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Audit\LogManager.cs:146
   ASP.global_asax.Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\DHCD\SHOP\Global.asax:48
   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RaiseOnError() +135

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082
14 years ago
Ok I don't quote know what I have done but I have put the connectionstring.config back to what the old site was:

<connectionStrings>
  <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=NOP;Integrated Security=True;Persist Security Info=False;Connect Timeout=120" />
</connectionStrings>

Now when I go to /install/install.aspx it redirects me to StoreClosed.htm

Also can't login to admin console Gives an error
14 years ago
I've done it. What I did was delete all the files and recopied the orginal nosource files back to the server.

From the Server via RDP I went to the install/install.aspx

I left the Server box as TMPBOX as already in there (name of the server) and clicks on Windows Authentication... It failed with a nop error of not being able to connect the the database.

So in the Server Name or IP Box I changed that to:   TMPBOX\SQLExpress   clicked on Next and it worked. I have now managed to go all the way through.
14 years ago
good to know that everything is working fine now.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.