System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule does not implement IHttpHandlerFactory or IHttpHandler Error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
I keep getting the above error with the following detail. it looks as though its related to my robots.txt file.

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule does not implement IHttpHandlerFactory or IHttpHandler. at System.Web.Configuration.HandlerFactoryCache.GetHandlerType(String type) at System.Web.Configuration.HandlerFactoryCache..ctor(String type) at System.Web.HttpApplication.GetFactory(String type) at System.Web.HttpApplication.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Page Url:    http://www.activeleisurecontracts.co.uk/robots.txt

Any ideas.

cheers,

Anthony
8 years ago
Any ideas anyone?
8 years ago
same with me
shame, no-one has given an answer, yet
8 years ago
nopCommerce generates a robots.txt automatically. When you try to add a physical robots.txt file the MVC routing will get messed up and you will get this error.

To change the autogenerated content served when calling robots.txt you can modify the RobotsTextFile Action in CommonController.

Another way to do this, if you don't want to touch the core, is to write an ActionFilterAttribute that catches all calls made to this particular Action and serve any content you like.
We use this aproach to serve a "dissalow all"-robots.txt on our development sites.
8 years ago
Remove (or comment out) this line from your web.config For generating robot.txt

<add name="RobotsTxt" path="robots.txt" verb="*" type="System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode" />
8 years ago
anik1991 wrote:
Remove (or comment out) this line from your web.config For generating robot.txt

<add name="RobotsTxt" path="robots.txt" verb="*" type="System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode" />

Ah yes, look at that. This would definitely be the best solution.
8 years ago
Thanks, I resolved this issue by commenting out the web.config two lines of code as above.

So now you can access: https://www.yesbobbleheads.com/robots.txt file now.
7 years ago
Great answer! Solved my issue! Thanks!
7 years ago
I was trying to testing my sitemap & robots file www.mydomain.com/sitemap.xml and www.mydomain.com/robots.txt I was getting same error System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule does not implement IHttpHandlerFactory or IHttpHandler, me just removed below two lines from web.config and it worked fine for me:

<add name="SitemapXml" path="sitemap.xml" verb="*" type="System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode" />
7 years ago
Another way to uncomment the following lines in web.config

<remove name="UrlRoutingModule-4.0" />
<add name="UrlRoutingModule-4.0" type="System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule" preCondition="" />
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.