I'm having search problem products in store

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hello,

I am Vietnamese. I'm having search problem products in store. My customers are mainly looking for products they are not marked. According to me, up to 90%.
For example

Keywords marked: "7 viên ngọc rồng"
Keywords not sign "7 vien ngoc rong"

I did a google search integration to solve this problem. Anyone with a solution or give me in this matter.

My website: Tai game mien phi

Thank you!
8 years ago
what mean by product are not marked ??

product will be search by its name,shortdescription etc
8 years ago
Hello,

My product named: 7 viên ngọc rồng. When I search for "Ngọc rồng" is found. I'd like google when I type "Ngoc rong", it would find this product.

I have not found the optimal solution.
8 years ago
you are talking about the google search ??

if so then you have to set proper meta keywords etc on SEO tab of product on admin side.

and to reflect it will take some times as well. i can't say how long it will take b'coz its Seo stuff
8 years ago
Thank you,

Yes, I want to search in stores like google. I'm thinking of writing a plugin to search for a new field (FullDescription2=ConvertUnsigned(FullDescription)) and field FullDescription.

Is this an appropriate solution?
8 years ago
yes you can create new plugin for search on new field as well.

currently it will call ProductService.SearchProduct() but you need to create this type of funtion on your plugin level with customization to search on new filed as well and may be you need to update the Storage procedure as well b'coz by default it using SP to imporve the search performance
8 years ago
nokia1028 wrote:
Thank you,

Yes, I want to search in stores like google. I'm thinking of writing a plugin to search for a new field (FullDescription2=ConvertUnsigned(FullDescription)) and field FullDescription.

Have you got full-text search enabled on your site? (under Configuration > Settings > General And Miscellaneous Settings > Full-Text Settings)

Looking at the settings for my full-text catalog in SQL Server Management Studio it looks like the index has been built with accent sensitivity enabled: http://imageshack.com/a/img661/9027/29giHc.png

If you've got SMSS you can check under [DATABASE NAME] > Storage > Full Text Catalogs > nopCommerceFullTextCatalog (right-click, properties).  It might be worth changing this to False and rebuilding the catalog, though I haven't tried it and don't know if there are any other consequences/dependencies in Nop that would make this a bad idea.

There's also another setting that might be of interest: Convert non-western chars option under Configuration > Settings > General And Miscellaneous Settings > SEO Settings.  Though that's more related to how your URLs appear and for external searches.

Just noticed there's another post over here that discusses this also: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/29841/autocomplete-search-case-insensitive-ignore-diacriticsaccents.aspx
8 years ago
If the above doesn't help, I would like you to welcome to try our search plugin for nopCommerce which offers many advanced features for improving search. I am sure it will help you, and if not, we will be happy to see a possibility to integrate a feature that would solve your issue.
8 years ago
petemitch wrote:
Thank you,

Have you got full-text search enabled on your site? (under Configuration > Settings > General And Miscellaneous Settings > Full-Text Settings)

Looking at the settings for my full-text catalog in SQL Server Management Studio it looks like the index has been built with accent sensitivity enabled: http://imageshack.com/a/img661/9027/29giHc.png

If you've got SMSS you can check under [DATABASE NAME] > Storage > Full Text Catalogs > nopCommerceFullTextCatalog (right-click, properties).  It might be worth changing this to False and rebuilding the catalog, though I haven't tried it and don't know if there are any other consequences/dependencies in Nop that would make this a bad idea.

There's also another setting that might be of interest: Convert non-western chars option under Configuration > Settings > General And Miscellaneous Settings > SEO Settings.  Though that's more related to how your URLs appear and for external searches.

Just noticed there's another post over here that discusses this also: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/29841/autocomplete-search-case-insensitive-ignore-diacriticsaccents.aspx

Hello,

I tried to change attributes of database Collation SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AI

I'm using sharing hosing, and I'm having do not have permission change errors. I will try to continue to follow you send.

Thanks!
8 years ago
Suggestion:

I suppose, in Configuration > Languages you have English and Vietnamese. If so, in the Edit Product screen you will have 3 tab-s: Standard, English and Vietnamese ().

One solution would be to write "7 viên ngọc rồng" in the Vietnamese tab and to write "7 vien ngoc rong" in the Standard tab, so the search will find both.

This is however a very laborious solution.
Sorry, no other ideas...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.