Scripts Bundling -- Timeout

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi,

Going thru the forums, I am not concerned about CSS bundling but would really like to see both CSS and Script bundling to  work. While debugging, I found

result.AppendLine(Scripts.Render(bundleVirtualPath).ToString());

and

result.AppendLine(Styles.Render(bundleVirtualPath).ToString());

to "Timeout".

Any additional suggestion / workaround will be really great.

Also, I would like to know, is there a way to minify the bundled files or is it minified upon bundle.

Nopcommerce Version: 3.4

Thnx
8 years ago
aman1391 wrote:
Hi,

Going thru the forums, I am not concerned about CSS bundling but would really like to see both CSS and Script bundling to  work. While debugging, I found

result.AppendLine(Scripts.Render(bundleVirtualPath).ToString());

and

result.AppendLine(Styles.Render(bundleVirtualPath).ToString());

to "Timeout".

Any additional suggestion / workaround will be really great.

Also, I would like to know, is there a way to minify the bundled files or is it minified upon bundle.

Nopcommerce Version: 3.4

Thnx

You say it is "timing out"....after you check box and when you click "apply" in settings?? Or do you mean that when you first load the site in a browser that it is causing your page to timeout? If you can check the box in settings and save without problem, understand that your scripts or stylesheets will not be bundled/minified until the next time you start your application.

The bundles (both CSS and script) are minified while bundling...both of which happen at initial run-time of the application.

If you restart your application, and THEN it is timing out...probably one of your stylesheets (or scripts) has an error.
8 years ago
The issue was not about restarting the application, but somehow, BundleTable.EnableOptimizations was never set.

Hence, In the bundling class I had to enable this by setting the above value to 'true' manually.

Thanks for your help though. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.