Plugin Development Workflow

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi There,

I am trying to develop some plugins for nopCommerce.

I love nopCommerce but i have a rough time Developing, Compiling and Testing my plugins.

- Every time i switch something in my plug-in controller i have to recompile and rebuild (ok...there is no other way). Then hit CTRL-F5 in browser and wait for a long time the site to catch up the changes!!!

- Every time i make i minor change in views i have to recompile just to copy the cshtml to the correct folder

- I want to make a minor test in my auto mapper mappings From ViewModel to Entity and Entity to View Model but i cant figure out a way to do it fast like a console application.

The best way i think is to write unit tests and run unit test on my core code until i start working on a plug in.

Can you suggest a way to speed up my developing workflow taks?

Thanks!!!
8 years ago
RE:  "Every time i make i minor change in views i have to recompile just to copy the cshtml to the correct folder"

Workaround - You can update the .cshtml file in the compiled destination folder:  ...\Presentation\Nop.Web\Views
Just remember to copy it back to the source folder when done.  (Or, modify the source, and then copy it to Presentation)

Try compiling in Release mode.  It will start up a bit faster, and you can still do most debugging.

(Consider getting an SSD - cheap and makes a big difference.)
8 years ago
also, try this...

Task Manager:- to Set Priority of devenv, iisexpress and browser to High.
8 years ago
Also you can Use Edit and Continue as per below to test it runtime

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms164926.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.