Discount Based on Quantity

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hello,

Our store offers tiered pricing for one of our products. We want to offer our retail customers a discount code for $10 off each one they purchase. Our wholesale level is at 10 units. What we don't want to have to happen is for someone to order 10 of them at the wholesale price, then use the discount code for an additional $10 off each unit.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Kevin
8 years ago
Please explain your need in more detail. If your retail customers have a customer role you can restrict your discount to a certain customer role.
8 years ago
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that won't work in our case. Anybody can purchase at wholesale level.

Our item is normally $39.95 per unit. For 10 or more then the price is $24. There are other tier levels after that.

If a customer uses the coupon code for up to 9 units, then we want to discount each one by $10,making the price per unit $29.95.

What we don't want is for someone to purchase 10 units at the $24 level and then be able to use the coupon code for an additional $10 off. Which makes the price per unit only $14.

Does that make sense?

Thanks again!
Kevin
8 years ago
kevlingo wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that won't work in our case. Anybody can purchase at wholesale level.

Our item is normally $39.95 per unit. For 10 or more then the price is $24. There are other tier levels after that.

If a customer uses the coupon code for up to 9 units, then we want to discount each one by $10,making the price per unit $29.95.

What we don't want is for someone to purchase 10 units at the $24 level and then be able to use the coupon code for an additional $10 off. Which makes the price per unit only $14.

Does that make sense?

Thanks again!
Kevin

Maybe setting a quantity range for the discount (1-9 in your example) may do the trick. In your discount Restriction configuration try following settings:

Discount requirement
type:   Customer has one of these products in the cart    

Restricted products:  your_prod_Id:1-9

See explanation: The comma-separated list of product identifiers (e.g. 77, 123, 156). You can find a product ID on its details page. You can also specify the comma-separated list of product identifiers with quantities ({Product ID}:{Quantity}. for example, 77:1, 123:2, 156:3). And you can also specify the comma-separated list of product identifiers with quantity range ({Product ID}:{Min quantity}-{Max quantity}. for example, 77:1-3, 123:2-5, 156:3-8).
8 years ago
Wow...perfect! That's exactly what I needed. THANK YOU!!!
8 years ago
Welcome. That is a hidden beauty ;-)

SUGGESTION (for Nop Team): the text strings plugins.discountrules.hasoneproduct/hasallproducts.fields.products should be changed to "Restricted products [and quantity range]"
7 years ago
I know this post is several months old but I have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to do this.  I absolutely agree with the post above for a minor update the UI to indicate it's even possible.

I finally ripped open the source code planning to write something similar myself only to find it's commented quite well in the discount validation plugin.  Other than that it's completely hidden!
3 years ago
I am trying to setup a Quantity discount for multiple products that sell for the same price.
If they buy 1 the cost is 15, buy 2 then 14 each, buy 3 then 13 each, buy 4 then 12 each.
this would allow a mix and match discount on total items.

Any way to do this?
I read the below thread but can't find where they are saying to do this. I'm using 4.20.
**********************************************************************************************************
Maybe setting a quantity range for the discount (1-9 in your example) may do the trick. In your discount Restriction configuration try following settings:

Discount requirement
type:   Customer has one of these products in the cart    

Restricted products:  your_prod_Id:1-9

See explanation: The comma-separated list of product identifiers (e.g. 77, 123, 156). You can find a product ID on its details page. You can also specify the comma-separated list of product identifiers with quantities ({Product ID}:{Quantity}. for example, 77:1, 123:2, 156:3). And you can also specify the comma-separated list of product identifiers with quantity range ({Product ID}:{Min quantity}-{Max quantity}. for example, 77:1-3, 123:2-5, 156:3-8).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.