Discount Code Won't Apply to Product

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
We created a discount code set up as the following:

When we added the product to the cart, the coupon would apply successfully but no discount was taken.
This issue was resolved when we changed the discount to a percentage. Is there a reason why a coupon set up to take a specific amount off of a product would not work, but the percentage based would?

We tried to replicate this on the Nop Demo Store and had the same result.

Is this a bug or is there something we're missing?

Thanks for you help!
8 years ago
I have not found any issue why your discount is not working. In demo store you cannot replicate it because the store and the admin are independent.
8 years ago
Tecnofin wrote:
I have not found any issue why your discount is not working. In demo store you cannot replicate it because the store and the admin are independent.

Make sure that your product is assigned in Applied to Products tab
8 years ago
Thanks for the help. We do have it assigned there as well.

It did work with it set at 100% discount and a coupon code being required, but even when I removed the coupon code it is showing the discount in the cart and even on the product page. We thought since the Demo Store did the same it wasn't our code, but if that's the case with the demo store admin being separate that maybe some of our custom code is interfering.
8 years ago
In case anyone else has discount problems, the issue in this case was that we had the Cache product prices checked.

This was under Configuration > Settings > Catalog Settings > Performance Tab
4 years ago
DJ_Balogh wrote:
In case anyone else has discount problems, the issue in this case was that we had the Cache product prices checked.

This was under Configuration > Settings > Catalog Settings > Performance Tab

Great Job, yes that solved the issue:

Goto Configuration > Settings > Catalog Settings > Performance Tab
1. UnCheck - Ignore discounts (sitewide)
2. UnCheck - Price Caching
3. Create Discount and Test

Thanks for saving me time ;)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.