Google Analytics in Version 1.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
When I install the Google analytics java script per the administration console, it seems that the java script is being installed at the bottom of the page and not in the head as required for it to operate correctly. How can I correct this?

Thanks.
14 years ago
You can edit the root.Master page in \NopCommerceStore\MasterPages\
And add it to the head section manually. But you have to remove the script in the admin... ;)
13 years ago
Or...

In Root.Master you can move the line

<nopCommerce:WebAnalytics ID="WebAnalytics1" runat="server" />

to the bottom of the head section.  That way all the admin configuration stays the same.

I should note that my experience with this is for version 1.6 but I image it would be the same in 1.5.
13 years ago
Google recommends to insert script content immediately before the </body> tag of each page you are planning to track. Source here (http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?answer=66983#0.1.1_step4)
13 years ago
Hi,

Has this not recently changed though. I have just checked on my analytics account and the code it produces is now to be inserted at the end of the head.

I'm sure this change was due to the analytics code not being fired if the whole page either wasnt loaded, or the user left the page before it loaded and not giving the analytics feedback.

Matt.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.