Categories on Home Page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
Hello, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I added new categories and for each category there is a pic on the home page, which in turn takes us to that category. Is there a way we can make this configurable. Like we can show the category in the left pane and we can hide that category from the home page, where the pic of that category is displayed?
15 years ago
This is controlled via admin area. Go to Site Structure, then Categories, then Category list. Uncheck "Show on the main page" and click "Save" button.
15 years ago
Hopefully admin will NOT see fit to go to PLUGIN DLLS.

The reason for considering nopCommerce in the first place is that it is open source and unlike other carts which claim to include source, one would not get stuck with dlls which break the app at one time or other.

It would not be the first time we ended up with a cart that quit working and even though we bought the source, it did not include source for some of the 3rd party components which eventually broke the app when MS changed .net or ASP.Net.

Even in our desktop apps (we develop accounting apps) we try to stay away from using 3rd party components. Yes they may speed development but are a pain when the OS changes, or whatever.

Another reason for considering nopCommerce is the clean look. Categories -> Products is just fine.

If one wants to clutter the home page, program it accordingly or have it done.

m2c
15 years ago
m2c,

Think you were probably referring to point raised in http://forums.nopcommerce.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=290

but I do agree to some extent.

nopCommerce is getting better and better all the time and one of the reasons is it being a self contained application (well, as self contained as any ASP.net app - we still depend on MS after all :D ). I think it should continue this way (with the exception of utility controls like FCKeditor etc.). However perhaps giving it a pluggable architecture or an interface for which people could develop their own modules to, would work. - providing is wasn't a requirement for the application to run.

I imagine the developers are busier enough just trying to get everyone's shopping cart features included at the moment though so doubt we see anything like this for some time ;)
7 years ago
It worked for me in a way go to admin area and navigate to menu Catalog >>> Categories
When create new or edit existing categoreis then there is an option Show on home page (tick for show on home page & untick for not show on home page)
4 years ago
a.m. wrote:
This is controlled via admin area. Go to Site Structure, then Categories, then Category list. Uncheck "Show on the main page" and click "Save" button.

Can we apply the store condition by any way?
we need to show a category on homepage of one store only. We are running multiple stores in one database.
4 years ago
saurabhdhir wrote:

Can we apply the store condition by any way?
we need to show a category on homepage of one store only. We are running multiple stores in one database.

Try to select option "Limited to stores" in Admin area -> Catalog -> Categories -> Edit <YourCategory> -> Mappings -> Limited to stores (select your store)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.