Your web hosting provider?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I was hosting at godaddy, their page load speed was horrible. Moved to webhost4life cause I noticed they were a recommended partner off this site.

Website is running much faster now but their support is horrible, they want you to pay for premium support at $30/month to get any real response from them.

It took me almost 3 days to get a 40mb SQL restore done because customers can not do their own restores if their .bak is over 10mb.

I have noticed a couple days where the website runs a little slow but since I moved to webhost4life the site has not been as slow as it was a godaddy
13 years ago
I am in the process of being migrated by webhost4life and so far it has been a disaster.

First, they moved my site on May 27th without notifying me. At first it was on a web farm which caused all kinds of problems. If that wasn't bad enough, they moved my site to their new area and used a 2 week old backup of my database. I have a live ecommerce site and I lost 2 weeks worth of transactions and activity from my business. Their support notified me that I could hire a 3rd party to help get the data merged from a more recent backup. WTF? If they have a more recent backup, why did they use a 2 week old backup?

Next, they migrated my site without enabling SSL. So now I am sitting around waiting 4 hours for SSL to be activated. The funny thing is, it just stopped working.

Email is not working from my site via gmail's host server... they are investigating (odds are they have port 25 blocked over SSL). I can't currently access my SQL Server for unknown reasons.

At this point, I could not recommend them.
13 years ago
crholliday wrote:
I am in the process of being migrated by webhost4life and so far it has been a disaster.

First, they moved my site on May 27th without notifying me. At first it was on a web farm which caused all kinds of problems. If that wasn't bad enough, they moved my site to their new area and used a 2 week old backup of my database. I have a live ecommerce site and I lost 2 weeks worth of transactions and activity from my business. Their support notified me that I could hire a 3rd party to help get the data merged from a more recent backup. WTF? If they have a more recent backup, why did they use a 2 week old backup?

Next, they migrated my site without enabling SSL. So now I am sitting around waiting 4 hours for SSL to be activated. The funny thing is, it just stopped working.

Email is not working from my site via gmail's host server... they are investigating (odds are they have port 25 blocked over SSL). I can't currently access my SQL Server for unknown reasons.

That is pretty amazingly bad - I feel for you.
13 years ago
Hi folks--

Has anyone tried ec2 from Amazon for hosting nopCommerce?
13 years ago
crholliday wrote:

That is really crappy. I'm gonna give SoftSys a try after my current shared host's recent unexplained failures. It's really too bad because as far as a shared host goes, they're pretty freaking awesome...with the exception of unscheduled unexplained downtime.

Hoping for better experiences at SoftSys. Apparently, they're ScottGu recommended?
13 years ago
[url= http://tinyurl.com/NOP-hosting ]softsys hosting[/url] are my recommendation too.
13 years ago
I've had a VPS box with SoftSys for a few days now. Absolutely AWESOME. I've moved my entire staging environment over to the new server, and am in the process of migrating the production site. Very happy with the price and platform.
11 years ago
One of the best web hosting site is hostgator.com . U can use their service. Their all time 24*7 customer care service gives you more flexibility. I use their service for my site coupon deals It is blazing fast and down server.
11 years ago
why not a european hosting provider?
haven't heard bad experiences (yet)..
11 years ago
Hey,

Can you suggest any hosting provider who can providing hosting in indian server as I am planning to run Nop 2.70 based website on India.

please provide me your experience for different hosting providers for Nop based solution.

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.