Your web hosting provider?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I use hostasp.net and have had 0 problems. I used to use Arvixe for years, but they really went down hill...so i had to leave and i love hostasp.net
11 years ago
See below:
11 years ago
Best value ASP.NET hosting available in the UK

http://websitesolved.co.uk

nopCommerce installation and upgrades available.
11 years ago
0zas wrote:
I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company hostrator.com is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking http://www.hosting24.com/ at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them and they say something like "1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading..".

What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.

I am using 9Cubehosting.com for my shared hosting . I have chosen them because I needed unlimited bandwidth and reliable support. I never had any problems with them  in the last six month so I would suggest this to you.
11 years ago
Is it a shared hosting? I would like to have your review about hostgator windows hosting as well as other good shared hosting provider for nopCommerce site hosting? Would you recommend it?
11 years ago
I have used below Hosting Service Providers.

1) Arvixe.com
2) Mochahost.com

looks good.

with Arvixe, I was having few issues, but now it's running well.
They have package where you can run 3 NopComm. Site with the same plan.

and they provide SQL 2012 Instance for database.

Mocha I am using since last few years, looks okay, no issues till date.

and I recommend to go with VPS.  I have also one VPS with MochaHost and 1 with GoDaddy. and seems to working fine.

Thanks
11 years ago
I've subscribed in AccuWebHosting VPS Eco-1 plan yesterday based on the positive feedback I've read about it, some of which is on this forum. However, I am little disappointed that the VPS has not been created yet although it has been 13 hours since I subscribed. I contacted the support twice, but they failed to commit to a fixed time frame for creating the VPS. I will keep you updated if/when I get access to the VPS and test nopCommerce on it.

UPDATE: The VPS has been created 15 hours after my subscription. I think this is almost Ok especially on a Sunday. I will share the URL here after I deploy nopCommerce.
11 years ago
I have a VPS on MyHosting.com
11 years ago
It's been a week since I deployed nopCommerce on AccuWebHosting VPS (Eco-1) plan. This is a 1-vCPU, 1-GB-memory VPS.

My observations:

1. Uptime is 100%. I use uptimerobot.com to monitor the site and to keep it alive.
2. Performance: For a 1GB-Memory VPS, I think the performance is ok. I can also feel a slight improvement in the performance during the daytime of my time zone (GMT +2:00), basically because this is after midnight in the US. I also have to mention that I disabled all the services that come pre-installed on the VPS and I don't need, such as MySQL, FTP, SmarterMail...etc.

My store is still under construction. Before I go live, I plan to perform some or all of the following:

1. Upgrade my VPS to the Eco-2 plan. This is a 2-vCPU, 2GB-memory plan.
2. Host the database on a separate VPS. This is what 3-tier architecture is all about, right? I verified with AccuWebHosting that they guarantee to create my two VPS's in the same data center to minimize network latency.
3. Use a CDN (costs extra $4 a month) to host my static content. I haven't checked yet if this is going to be an easy task with nopCommerce.
11 years ago
bklooste wrote:

I wouldnt bother upgrading until the customers are there too justify it ... Likewise for a seperate DB . If you go a spereate DB it should be SQL server not express.

You are already way ahead of the pack with a VPS instead of shared hosting ( which really should never be used for ecommerce except maybe a trial)  .. a single CPU should handle thousands of visits a day. If you get 5-10K people and some perfmon stats show the server cant handle it then move the DB of..  And in which case note the disk system they are using for the DB ..

Ben

+1 for the hint of asking about the DB's storage type.

And yes you are right, I would't probably need to do anything about it before I reach few thousands shoppers a day.

Thanks Ben.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.