Suggestion: Field for vendor article number

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hi,

We should add a field for vendor article number. Our vendors have their own article numbers that differs from our article numbers and the manufacturer article numbers. We still want to show the manufacturer article number for the customers and our vendor would like us to add the vendor article number in the email that is sent to them.

Greetings
/Johan

Fritidsmagasinet.se
8 years ago
Hello!
Thanks for suggestion!
You can use GTIN (if you don't use it) number but rename the field to "vendor article number" and make it visible to customers. Will it solve the problem?
8 years ago
Hi VML,

Thanks for your suggestion. Not sure that it would work though since neither GTIN nor manufacturer article number is added to the email sent to the vendor (OrderPlaced.VendorNotification). In that case I would have to add my vendors article numbers instead of my own which could result in duplicated article numbers in case I have two different vendors with identical article numbers.

Greetings
/Johan
8 years ago
Hi Johan,

But anyway usage of the existing GTIN field can save you a lot of time comparing to starting from scratch. The only customization if you will have to apply is email customization (ProductListToHtmlTable method of \Libraries\Nop.Services\Messages\MessageTokenProvider.cs)
8 years ago
Hi,

The field GTIN will be used when we scan the products in the warehouse, so that field can't be used. It was fairly easy to add it anyway, so I have already done it in my own code. Thanks anyway!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.