connect nopCommerce to ERP System

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
Hello,
we want to read product price and product quantity from another dtabase(our ERP DB)
actually i could do this , i've created a View called Product and changed Product's Table to "Product2"
and everything is fine the website can read price and quantity from our ERP system and is showing correct details, but when i want upgrade products it give me following error :
"can't upgrade drived or constant fields"
i think i have to read data from view and Edit/Delete/Update into Product2 table but how can i change this?
change the source code for reading from View which is "dbo.Product" and update/edit/delete from dbo.Product2 Table
thank u so much
8 years ago
Hi,

Just as a helpful comment, i have tried what you are trying to do and i wouldn't recommend this approach.

I would make an decoupled service which import prices into the nopCommerce database instead of doing your own custom modification to the nopCommerce core code. When you do custom modifications to the core at some point it will be a pain to upgrade when new releases is out. I have been there and done that and it wasn't good...
8 years ago
hello , can u teach me how to do this?
now I've joined "dbo.Product" view with my ERP Price and quantity's View and its reading price and quantity from it but i can't update it , so what do u suggest?
8 years ago
we used a virtual machine on a server,

We Export from NOP an orders.txt file with all our order details.

Our ERP grabs it via FTP and imports it into the ERP.

We export a inventory.txt file from our ERP for quantity by GTIN# for each variant. back to the same server. Then Nop loads the inventory.

Then we export a status.txt file from our ERP with tracking numbers and NOP pulls that in to update that.

No API for us at the ERP level, so this is our only option to my knowledge?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.