Let's discuss the upcoming integration of nopCommerce and Umbraco

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi, I am just in the process of upgrading a site to nopCommerce and am planning on using Umbraco for the content. I don't think I can wait until any official integration code is ready.

I am planning on installing Umbraco in a subdirectory ( probably ~/Content/ ) and just replicating the template in Umbraco. Both systems will effectively be separate for now with no content shared between the two.

I just wanted to check if you think this is the best approach for now? and I also wanted to ensure anything I do will hopefully be compatible with this project when it is released.

It looks like your project is planning on doing it the other way round, with Umbraco being the primary software and nopCommerce fitting into that framework.

What is the likely timescale for a release?
7 years ago
shoecake wrote:
It looks like your project is planning on doing it the other way round, with Umbraco being the primary software and nopCommerce fitting into that framework.

What is the likely timescale for a release?

We've temporary postponed the integration as we need to release a new version (3.80) in August. Once it's done we'll continue working on this integration. I think it'll take about one month to finish it (estimate)
7 years ago
ok, thanks for the update. Looks like I am best carrying on as planned.
7 years ago
Dears, Can we just make a simple integration? Just sync members in umbraco and users in nopcommerce. I mean make user able to login to nopcommerce with umbraco account. The rest of functionality keep in its own program.
7 years ago
I agree with a more iterative approach too. Developing one core piece of functionality like member integration is a good first move.

Also, would it be of any value to have community contribution to the plug-in's code base while it is in initial development? It appears that the nopCommerce team's focus is split between core development and this plug-in. Maybe the community can help with the plug-in.
7 years ago
conver wrote:
Dears, Can we just make a simple integration? Just sync members in umbraco and users in nopcommerce. I mean make user able to login to nopcommerce with umbraco account. The rest of functionality keep in its own program.

It wouldn't really be an intergration if you do that, more of a hack and it's actually quite easy to accomplish that already with api's - I have done 2 of these, one for magento and one for a custom ruby on rails site,  but the problem is you would need to customize both sites so that the behaviour can happen and not every site would want the same behaviour, such as - new accounts, syncronizations for things like password and email address changing would need to be taken account of. A true integration would be better, and it would be better to wait for it as the nop team are finishing 3.80 first - which makes perfect sence. If you want  to deploy with 3.70 and have an Api to function as you requested you could get in touch with us at www.nopcontent.com and we could finalize your requirements. Thanks.
7 years ago
Hello, I'm from Brazil, my name is Marcio Goularte. Working with Umbraco a long time, nopCommerce only worked with two projects. recently started a new admin for nopCommerce, request from a client and intend to provide it in extensions repository. This project made the integration between Umbraco and nopCommerce. In Umbraco we create document types specific to nopCommerce which used the hi-jacking route to load the nopCommerce data. We create a route to the controllers of the nopCommerce (NopCommerce/{controller}/{action}), not to conflict with content routes. The challenge of this project was to create the new admin for nopCommerce, to join him in Umbraco. I'm developing this point. This development will be a product that we offer to our customers in Brazil. Umbraco now has some ecommerce plugins. But in my opinion they were not right in the admin Umbraco version 7, only the Merchello that was good, but some things I did not like. Here's a list:

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/tea-commerce/
https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/uwebshop/
https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/ucommerce/
https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/merchello/

The best is Merchello.

What I am developing is to work with any update that nopCommerce and Umbraco may have. The only difference is the members who made a custom membership following this reference.

http://24days.in/umbraco/2015/extending-membership/

I would like to mention that Umbraco version will change at the end of the year. By the end of 2016 will be released version 8, which will change the admin (backoffice). Unfortunately I do not know what may change in the Umbraco framework code. One of the changes that will make is in relation to cache content. The Umbraco content is an xml that works as a cache. The content displayed is a read that xml. They are implementing changes in the process for the new version.

We can exchange ideas to help in the integration project.

regards
7 years ago
Hi,
I think this integration will make both products more competitive and used.
This fantastic couple could defeat the robust Wordpress/Woocommerce or Prestashop and his litte cms integrated.
A classic scenario could be this: a company starts with a simple content site (Umbraco) and than later will decide to sell some products.
So it's very important to have a tool for first customer import into the clean nopcommerce installation and maybe
to have possibility to map member's properties for syncronization. (it's very likely there are some views in Umbraco that shows anagrafic member data which will have to be maintained and updated)
It would be also very useful to have a tab in Umbraco member area for see all member's orders.
Good work!
7 years ago
Hello everyone,

It has passed 4 months since the beginning of this thread and we are still discussing what we should or not have!

Come one, every nopCommerce developer knows that we really need a solid WCM solution for nopCommerce and Umbraco is a great WCM product.

What are we waiting for?
7 years ago
raulribeiro wrote:

What are we waiting for?

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/41254/lets-discuss-the-upcoming-integration-of-nopcommerce-and-umbraco.aspx?p=5#170085
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.