Looking for the best (cheapest) payment gateway?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 years ago
I'm surprised this doesn't come up more often, but I didn't see it when I searched for it.
Currently, what I'm seeing is:

Authorize.net: 2.9% + 30¢, $49 to set up, $25/mo

Paypal Standard 2.9% + 30¢,

Paypal Direct 2.9% + 30¢

Paypal Pro 2.9% + 30% + $30/mo
Even though Paypal standard and direct are native to NopCommerce, it's my understanding that you have to have a pro account to keep people on your page, but even with that, I think they might still 'know' they're using PayPal.  When you go to any other store (online or otherwise), you typically have no idea who's merchant services you're using because you don't have to log in again.  Personally, I'd like to keep it that way. In my opinion, having ONLY a paypal log on screen to check out at the end of a website is kind of amateur looking.

Next is First Data.  My Brick & Mortar store uses FD and there's a third part plugin to get FD's Payeezy's gateway to work with NopCommerce 3.7 to work.  I emailed FD to get their rates. It's $150 + (off the top of my head) 1.9% + 20¢(?) + #20/mo( for sure).  I emailed them back and got them to knock the set up fee down to $100.  

It's really the monthly fee that's killing me. We just don't do enough business to overcome that and still make a decent online profit.  Out bread and butter is our store.  I have no problem with the fees/transaction, but 20-30/mo is pricey.  

At the moment, I'm strongly considering just sticking with the manual gateway. That is, printing out the CC number, keying it into our terminal, then shredding it. The rates are close to the same as what we pay through our current merchant services, but without the additional monthly fee.

Any ideas?

I've also looked into Amazon Payments, but with most of them (kinda like paypal) you first logon with Amazon, more or less, staying on your own page, but it's still a whole extra thing. I do it on Woot all the time, but I'm not sure if my customers will be happy about it. Also, you have to have an established Amazon account (with payment/billing/shipping info ready to do) for it to work, at least that's the case on Woot.

I'd like to make the whole process as seamless as possible.
8 years ago
You can checkout stripe.
8 years ago
Thank you, that looks really promising, same rates, no extra fees, good reviews.

I'm going to wait until my site goes live before I test it out since I'm on a temporary server right now.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.