After importing categories \ manufacturer \ product data, can't click into product details...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
without opening every product and saving it.  I don't have to make any changes, I just open and save it.  This happens without fail.  I am painstakingly setting every single property in the import other than some dates related to special circumstances like special pricing etc.  

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
7 years ago
RE: "can't click into product details"
What happens if you try?  Nothing?  Error?

What are you clicking?  Image?  Text?
If you just hover over the image or text, do you see an url in the status bar (bottom) of browser?
7 years ago
Two screenshots that demonstrates what I'm talking about.

By the way,  I'm importing via a plugin \ API
7 years ago
Does these products have SeName?
7 years ago
sina.islam wrote:

I'm not sure what you are asking.  I don't see a SeName property\method on the Product() object.

If you are asking about the "Search engine friendly page name" property on the SEO tab of the product admin screen; no, I am not setting it as I couldn't find anything remotely named that way on the Product() object, which was strange as I was able to find every other property \ collection.  On the admin screen, the tooltip recommends to leave it empty if I want it generated automatically based upon the product name.  Perhaps the API doesn't generate it?  And it is required by the UI to allow the link to work?
7 years ago
CMDPrompt wrote:

I'm not sure what you are asking.  I don't see a SeName property\method on the Product() object.

If you are asking about the "Search engine friendly page name" property on the SEO tab of the product admin screen; no, I am not setting it as I couldn't find anything remotely named that way on the Product() object, which was strange as I was able to find every other property \ collection.  On the admin screen, the tooltip recommends to leave it empty if I want it generated automatically based upon the product name.  Perhaps the API doesn't generate it?  And it is required by the UI to allow the link to work?

Yes it is required. Otherwise it will not redirect to the details page. You can test it by placing value to SEO tab.
7 years ago
sina.islam wrote:

Yes it is required. Otherwise it will not redirect to the details page. You can test it by placing value to SEO tab.

That doesn't solve my problem.   I'm importing 1000's of products.   I need to be able to set it via Api and I don't see how.   As I said before I don't need to change anything through the UI,  just open and save so it isn't even a way to test if that is the problem.
7 years ago
CMDPrompt wrote:

That doesn't solve my problem.   I'm importing 1000's of products.   I need to be able to set it via Api and I don't see how.   As I said before I don't need to change anything through the UI,  just open and save so it isn't even a way to test if that is the problem.

Anyone?  Are we not able to set this property via the API?  Or was it overlooked and I need to implement the ability to do so?
4 years ago
For anyone else that runs across this.  The trick is making sure you put entries into NopCom's dbo.UrlRecord table.  This is where the "SeName" is buried in the database (dbo.UrlRecord.Slug).

Here's an example of how I manually built the UrlRecord table from all the products I was importing from an old DNN.Smith_Cart instance.

INSERT INTO dbo.UrlRecord
SELECT
                ncProd.Id     AS EntityID,
                'Product'     AS EntityName,
                scProd.SEOURL AS Slug,
                1             AS IsActive,
                0             AS LanguageID
FROM            dbo.Product             ncProd
    LEFT JOIN   DNN7.dbo.Smith_Products scProd ON scProd.PortalID = 6
                                                  AND   scProd.ProductID = CAST(ncProd.AdminComment AS INT);

(the AdminComment join condition is just where I happened to store the Smith_Cart's original ProductID (PK) so that I had an easy way to reference between the old database and the new NopCom instance.  You don't have to do the same thing, but you need to populate the dbo.UrlRecord table for your imported products if you are importing them manually via API or directly in SQL.)
4 years ago
Thanks for the tip @tedkrapf , it was very helpful!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.