nopCommerce Performance Vs other Storefront Engines

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi, I'm currently evaluating nopCommerce in terms if its performance.
Does anyone has made a performance analysis (loading times, caching, engines performance, etc) of nopCommerce when compared with other solutions such as Volusion, aspdotnetstorefront, etc?
Thanks
FG
7 years ago
I'd be interested in the tools and methods you use to measure this.  Especially the impact if not on the same host, server, platform, etc., etc.

Good luck.
7 years ago
http://gtmetrix.com
http://css-ig.net/pingo

There are so many variables for speed performance it's not even funny.

Nop gets an A rating out of the box if that helps. I tried a few other stores so I won't comment other than uninstall.

You could use your own equipment, and DNS round robin with xyz, and or with low TTL in DNS.

There are so many options to choose from to get you fast like caching images with IIS, prices with NOP, and etc.

You won't go wrong with Nop unless you use $2 dollar hosting from my cousin Vinny.

Download a sample Nop database and run the gtmetrix for yourself to see.

Here's where I say Welcome to the club!
7 years ago
MikeCaldera is on the money with that summation.
It's performance is great for small stores that don't do much traffic or revenue on an adequated shared hosting space with shared SQL Server, and it's great for busy sites/huge inventories with adequate VPS or dedicated server hosting.

I've got one client running nopCommerce on $7.95/month shared hosting whose site is extremely quick, and I've got another one with 2 dedicated servers (web/SQL) in order to be as fast..
It really just depends...average and peak number of concurrent users, amount of system RAM and CPU, etc..
7 years ago
Also, there is a built-in Mini-Profiler which you can enable after installing. It is an excellent tool for analyzing the performance on every page/aspect of a nopCommerce site.

If you do enable this on a test site, it will tell you what you need to know, but to get a real sense of the potential performance, you'd need to have roughly the same amount of products in your database (and photos with approximately the same file sizes), and create approximately the same load on the server (number of concurrent users) when running the mini-profiler.

Also, the addition of custom or commercial plugins and/or themes will impact performance to some degree.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.